ERICA Coachella Valley System

Status
Not open for further replies.

USScanner

Does anyone have talkgroups or info on the new system. Palm Springs was supposed to switch to it at the beginning of the month.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Eastern Riverside County Interoperable Communications Authority (ERICA)
System ID: 356
WACN: BEE00
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5774

Latest News Update Posted on 2010-08-05
On August 2 at 11:30 AM, the Palm Springs Police Department joined the ERICA system. Their talkgroups are encrypted and cannot be received by any scanner. (Source: www.scanriverside.com)

If anyone still logs the encrypted talkgroups. Still post them please!

brandon

Database Admin
If nobody posts beforehand, I will be out in the Coachella Valley in Nov/Dec for a week and will have plenty of time to log info with Pro96com.

2wayfreq

I was out there in August and I logged ID:200 and ID:300 both encrypted. No way to tell what they were for though.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Palm Springs did move over to the new system last month or so because I was trying to monitor their old system and no traffic. That means that Palm Springs is on the new ERICA system and they are encrypted, so no need to try and pickup their talkgroups because we wont be-able to monitor them anyways.

Another system lost to encryption. Its just a matter of time within the next 5 or so years where we wont beable to monitor anything anymore because of encryption.

Status
Not open for further replies.