Riverside Co - S CA Freq Dir 3rd Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidi750

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased the Scanner Stuff Southern California Frequency Directory 3rd Edition
When I was looking into the Riverside Co Sheriff's Office (Page 328) I get a list of Sites and Freq ...
However when I try to download the info off RadioReference.com they seem to be 2 different sets of information.
I noticed the sites and the frequencies are different.

In the book, there are 9 sites and then 5 extra areas and on RR there are only 6 sites.

Are these two listings from the same source/company?
Which listing is the correct one?

I'm looking for the Riverside Co Sheriff's Office for Indio, Palm Desert, Coachella, Indian Wells, La Quinta, etc

Thanks

w6pea

So.Cal Freg.Dir.3rd Edition

You asked; Are these two listings from the same source/company?

I would believe that they are two different companies.

oracavon

The book is out of date. It was published more than 2 years ago, and a lot of things have changed. The last update that the company provided to their customers (via download from their website) was from December of 2008. No updates since, and no word as to whether they ever intend to provide any more updates or new editions of the book.

A lot has changed since then, and RR is continuously being updated, so it's more accurate than the book. Some agencies in eastern Riverside County are already on, or planning to switch to, the new ERICA system. Unfortunately, that system is encrypted and cannot be monitored.

strandbiker1

Premium Subscriber
Updated 3rd edition (4th edition)

The book is out of date. It was published more than 2 years ago, and a lot of things have changed. The last update that the company provided to their customers (via download from their website) was from December of 2008. No updates since, and no word as to whether they ever intend to provide any more updates or new editions of the book.

A lot has changed since then, and RR is continuously being updated, so it's more accurate than the book. Some agencies in eastern Riverside County are already on, or planning to switch to, the new ERICA system. Unfortunately, that system is encrypted and cannot be monitored.

Many things in this book are in need of an update. I keep it with me professionally when I am in the field and internet access is not available. As previously mentioned systems or system updates needs to be included in a new edition (including LA RICS, ICIS (ICI)) etc.

Skip

kma371

QRT
Many things in this book are in need of an update. I keep it with me professionally when I am in the field and internet access is not available. As previously mentioned systems or system updates needs to be included in a new edition (including LA RICS, ICIS (ICI)) etc.

Skip

Yes it does need an update since this thread and the book are over 6 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.