any new info on Gardena PD in S cal??

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBdigital1

There as a reply recently about Gardena PD changing frequencies from the list of 470.8125MHZ, using one of the S Bay tact channels to dispatch, and that frequency quoted is inactive. I also entered S Bay Tact ! and likewise, that is inactive. I live in Orange County, so we are a ways away, but I can receive Hawthorne PD without probs, and the same previously with Gardena. Any one with the "know" as to what happened to Gardena? Use to live in that city in the early 70's, and recall their old VHF high frequencies, and being able to receive the units in simplex with dispatch if close enough to my old home....... great memories then, with no comms being encrypted, and no digital, etc.......... old high school was Serra on Van Ness, oh well, enough reminiscing, if any info on the GPD dispatch frequencies it would be mighty appreciated! thanks.

patin

gardena pd is on a tac freq 470.0125 for their dispatch and its a very poor freq im in carson and its not a strong freq im using a psr500,,,,pro96,,,2096

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
gardena pd is on a tac freq 470.0125 for their dispatch and its a very poor freq im in carson and its not a strong freq im using a psr500,,,,pro96,,,2096
I'm beginning to think that this may be Gardena's new permanent dispatch frequency, at least as "permanent" as anything at So Bay ever seems to be, supervisors (present company not excepted) included :)

Last March SBRPCA submitted to the FCC a new frequency contour map for 470.0125, specifically in connection with adding a new transmitter site at Gardena PD. It was approved, and contruction was completed the following month.

The FCC has long been trying to encourage - or rather require - users to reduce their RF footprint as much as possible to allow better re-use of frequencies, with lower power, lower elevation sites, downtilt or directional antennas, etc., so it's possible that it made everyone involved happier to give Gardena PD the up-close coverage they need in Gardena without sending it out tens of miles farther than necessary. Keep in mind that Burbank and Pomona are adjacent channel users on 470.025. Gardena always has the option of switching to a wider coverage repeater site like Punta Place if they have to leave their comfort zone for a pursuit or whatever.

Here's the map.
  • The contour for the new Gardena site is Green, and thoroughly covers Gardena itself very nicely, but with the smallest footprint outside the city
  • Blue is the Hawthorne transmitter contour
  • Yellow is the Redondo Beach site's contour, and
  • Red is the PVE site's contour

Attachments

• SBRPCA Contour map 470-0125.jpg
    SBRPCA Contour map 470-0125.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 705
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.