Pacific Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestLA

I live in Venice and am wondering if there is a live online feed for the Pacific Division. There is always a ton of police activity in Venice, it would be great to have an online feed to check out.

Clark

I live in Venice and am wondering if there is a live online feed for the Pacific Division. There is always a ton of police activity in Venice, it would be great to have an online feed to check out.

None that I know of. I also live in Pacific Div. (Mar Vista ) . An online feed really wouldn't be very effective as al least four channels are needed (Pacific base, Pacific Simplex, West Bureau 1 & 2) . Then there is LA Fire (with about 20 channels) busy incidents just in Pacific Div. area.
Having a digital scanner is the only way to go.

Clark

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply Clark. I found the greater LA one here so was hoping there was one for Pacific that I had missed.

Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Live Scanner Audio Feed

Too bad Pacific isn't online there is always a ton of police activity! How much is a scanner!
A digital-capable scanner will generally cost upwards of $500, though there are occasional sale prices, as well as used scanners online, but "buyer beware" there, of course.

The Los Angeles Police - Wilshire and Pacific Divisions Live Scanner Audio Feed is back online now. But unless he's changed it recently, the gentleman is streaming only Wilshire Division's two frequencies, and thus carrying Pacific Div dispatch only when the two divisions' frequencies are patched together.

With the city furloughs, staffing at Communications Division was cut back 10% a year ago, plus the "early retirements" (of the most experienced people) and normal turnover, neither of which can be backfilled - no hiring period. So depending on workload and available operators, they will "tie" multiple divisions to a single dispatcher on a flexible and only as-absolutely-needed basis. They have to balance calltakers vs radio dispatchers, and still try to keep within the "90% of 9-1-1 phone calls answered within 10 seconds" standard, which they are still meeting handily at most times.

The "hourglass" effect: in the bottom globe of the glass you could have a thousand LAPD cars and 200 LAFD engines and ambulances just waiting for calls to handle; in the top globe are 3½ million+ potential callers. But the choke point is the center of the hourglass where just a few dozen 9-1-1 operators have to answer, classify, triage, prioritize and dispatch the calls. The L.A. cops and firefighters are exempt from furloughs, but not the 9-1-1 folks who are THE connection between the callers and the responders.

Last edited:

Venice311

disMember'd
Live Feed

Hello! We monitor the Pacific Division scanner and associated Simplex and TAC channels 24/7 and post via twitter at Venice 311 (Venice311) on Twitter . You can also get all our tweets sent to your cell phone as text messages by sending the message ( without quotes ) " follow venice311 " to the number 40404. ( So you would act as if 40404 was the cell phone number you are sending the message " follow venice311 " to. ) We do tweet 24 hours so if you have them set as text messages remember that you will get them possibly in the middle of the night. Thanks for the shout out!

jewie27

LAPD Wilshire/Pacific

Yes my feed is online and available to all Android smartphone users via the free app downloadable in the "market."

Wilshire and Pacific are tied together on the same channel.

Last edited:

jewie27

Hello! We monitor the Pacific Division scanner and associated Simplex and TAC channels 24/7 and post via twitter at Venice 311 (Venice311) on Twitter . You can also get all our tweets sent to your cell phone as text messages by sending the message ( without quotes ) " follow venice311 " to the number 40404. ( So you would act as if 40404 was the cell phone number you are sending the message " follow venice311 " to. ) We do tweet 24 hours so if you have them set as text messages remember that you will get them possibly in the middle of the night. Thanks for the shout out!

listening to my live feed is better than getting a text message. live from radio reference or downloadable on Android Phones via the app.

WestLA

Jewie27, can you put that online or iPhone? I would rather listen to the feed than look at twitters. Is that 311 site legal with real time twitters and ads on it? Everything I have read here says making a profit from listening is illegal. I wonder what Pacific thinks of this?

jewie27

Jewie27, can you put that online or iPhone? I would rather listen to the feed than look at twitters. Is that 311 site legal with real time twitters and ads on it? Everything I have read here says making a profit from listening is illegal. I wonder what Pacific thinks of this?

Yes there are iphone apps available.

jewie27

I personally don't have an Iphone but I saw someone with an app called 5-0 Radio. I use an Android phone and the best app I use is called Scanner Radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.