RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > California Radio Discussion Forum > Greater Los Angeles & Inland Areas Discussion

Greater Los Angeles & Inland Areas Discussion Local area specific discussion for Los Angeles and its outlying areas such as Ventura and Orange Counties, and the Inland Empire area.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code20Photog View Post
A little OT, but what's the word with "Truck" 44? There's one of the older TDA's at the shops marked as Truck 44, and Truck 144 was in service as T30 the other day. From what I heard, 44's will use the truck when Quint 44 is OS, but why mark it as Truck 44?
Last I heard, Quint 44 had broken an axle early last year and has been OOS since. Then again, it is older than any other truck in the county. 44 has been using Engine 144 along with Utility 45 and is operating at Rescue/Engine 144. Truck 144 is only used when Trucks 30, 41, or 54 go out of service.
Old 01-12-2012, 6:20 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Went by Station 44 today, they are using E144 with the old squad 50. (SQ50 is rolling in a new chromed out F-550)

The truck at the shop is definately marked as Truck 44, the front grill has a 4 on one side and 4 on the other. Truck 144 has the middle 4 centered on the grille.

Q44 was never the same after they rolled it. From the guys I talked to, it *should* have been totalled, but they fixed it. Doesn't drive anywhere near straight, and the body roll is scary.
Old 05-18-2012, 1:25 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I'm not hearing anything on VC Fire channels 16 and below (old wide band channels). I am however hearing all their traffic on channels 33 and above (new narrow band). Did they recently drop all their old frequencies?
Old 05-18-2012, 6:10 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

VNC 1-16 have not been used in months, and wont be. They are wideband. All traffic is on 33-40 for fire, with the exception of some activity on Air to Ground, and others, but to answer your question, 1-16 are not used at all.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:38 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thanks LZJSR, I don't get down south as often anymore. I also see the navy bases have dropped their simplex frequencies for a trunked system.
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2012, 1:52 AM
California DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Sorry to necropost, but VCFD was nice enough to post their 2011 radio simulcast improvement project channel plan on their website here:

Radio Frequencies

DB was updated accordingly.

I've been in Ventura for a couple days and first impressions are that the simulcast system isn't quite fine tuned yet. With the CW IDs, there is a pretty dramatic delay between the transmitters that "muddies" up the audio. Simulcast delay isn't supposed to be very distinguishable by ear, it's supposed to be a matter of milliseconds or microseconds. I've heard it show up as rhythmic static or popping (called "beats" in physics) but I've never been able to hear one transmitter start, short pause, then another transmitter starts and they proceed that far out of phase. (FWIW I'm hearing it on VNC CMND 36, from Ventura.)

Well okay I lied, LA County Fire Blue 8 is still worse. But I think there may still be some simulcast gremlins for Ventura County radio techs to chase.
Old 09-18-2012, 3:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

As Zerg wrong in several post before, but this document has a lot of frequencies that are wrong

[QUOTE=inigo88;1821470]Sorry to necropost, but VCFD was nice enough to post their 2011 radio simulcast improvement project channel plan on their website here:

Radio Frequencies

Once again....this data on the VNC website is some what out of date.
I know people like to see what the frequencies were, but VNC Fire Channels 1-7 and 15-16 in that list are incorrect and are not longer in use. All VNC frequencies are now narrowband and they are currently being call Dispatch 33 Command 34, etc

Also the 170.0000 for LPF A/G is incorrect. They are now using FS A/G 4 and 6.

We on the look out for old/incorrect data.
Old 09-19-2012, 1:35 AM
California DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

I was actually just in Ventura. You're right that they dispatch on Ch 33 (the narrowband dispatch channel) and use Command 34 and above. However I suspect that the above channel plan is CURRENT, and will remain that way until January 2013, when narrowbanding takes effect and the wideband channels are officially illegal. I marked VNC 1 and all the wideband commands and tacs as "depreciated" in the DB, but I won't totally wipe them out until January rolls around as long as they still exist in the fire radios.

Another reason I think that plan is still current: Oxnard fire dispatch would tell all units to "respond on channel 48", which happens to be Oxnard FD Ch. 1. When January comes and they reprogram I'm sure all this will get moved around.

I know a couple users here are Ventura County firefighters, so if they still browse the forums maybe they can help?
Old 09-19-2012, 1:50 AM

Ventura Fire already uses 33-40(VNC 1-CMND 16 are no longer in use) and Oxnard City uses 47-48(not 1-3).. They made the switch a few months back.. Just fyi
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2012, 7:30 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by inigo88 View Post
I was actually just in Ventura. You're right that they dispatch on Ch 33 (the narrowband dispatch channel) and use Command 34 and above. However I suspect that the above channel plan is CURRENT, and will remain that way until January 2013, when narrowbanding takes effect and the wideband channels are officially illegal. I marked VNC 1 and all the wideband commands and tacs as "depreciated" in the DB, but I won't totally wipe them out until January rolls around as long as they still exist in the fire radios.

I know a couple users here are Ventura County firefighters, so if they still browse the forums maybe they can help?
The new CDF channel plan, LAFD, and LACoFD have removed the old channels from their plans as to not confuse anyone. Ventura County will remove the old channels whenever they reprogram again.
Old 09-21-2012, 1:39 PM

Also for Ventura County Cmnd 34 East has been moved to Cmnd 38, Tac 39. Cmnd 34 is now used for County Wide Brush Fires