Help with ICIS on BCD996XT with FreeSCAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanner_Dog

Hello all – new to these parts (not California, but the boards for Ca.). I've been fiddling with programming FreeScan for the ICIS system. I'm programming for a BCD996XT. Mike helped me over at the Newbie boards and suggested I peek in here for more help.

I THINK I have things working after following his suggestions...kinda. I'm able to hear conversations fairly well, but I'm picking up a ton of talkgroups that I didn't even program in. Is this normal? I've also only used one control freq (the first red one in the list in the database) as a test to see how things worked.

If anyone could offer any more advice, or better yet, float me a FreeScan file that I could take a look at that would be really cool. If I could just see a working model I think I could figure out how to customize it. Anyway, as always any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

SD

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Hello, First of all you will want to program all the control channels, red and blue, as these channels may change daily. Second, you may be in "search" mode, where you will receive all talk groups in the system. Make sure you are in "scan" mode and you will only receive programmed talk groups.

Scanner_Dog

W8RMH -- You hit the nail on the head. I was totally in search mode. Had to figure out how to get it into scan. Once I did, I was sure happy not to hear the bus system anymore! :)

This is probably a stupid question, but when programming in the control freqs there seems to be a lower case "c" and a lower case "a" at the end of the freqs--doesn't seem like they should be part of a freq, so can you just leave those letters off? Also, I can leave out the ones in black (in the database) right? Cuz I think on FS you can only put in up to 6 or so per site.

Thanks for the help. I really do appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.