San Bernardino Co. System 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
Was in Victorville today and tried to do some monitoring but found nothing at all on System 1. When I put the radio in manual mode (conventional) I heard some chatter on individual freqs that sounded like another system but it wasnt decoding anything off the Control Channel. The radio was tracking SoCal Edison okay so I dont think it was my programming. Is there new info that isnt in the database yet?

karldotcom

Did you upload the current system in the DB? There have been a number of threads re San Berdoo lately, but since I am not in the area I have not followed exactly what is going on...

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, programmed it as shown in the database. Tried CC only and with all the freqs included. I heard the control channel and intermittent traffic as if it was from another system while in conventional mode but thats it, just wouldn't decode. I have to go to Lancaster tomorrow, ill try again then.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
I erased everything in the scanner then reloaded the file and it worked fine. When I got out to the Antelope Valley system 1 was loud and clear, even found a couple talkgroups not listed in the database.

3120: Sounded like custody transport at first but then I heard "Code Red in one of the external classrooms" this was repeated a few times.

Eng74

You can also pick up system 8 on desert too. I get it on the 14 from almost Cal City all the way to Palmdale. Same on the 395 once you get past Red Mountain, you can also get some system 2 there also.

Status
Not open for further replies.