Bell Gardens Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwc139

I work for a department in South East LA and I want a portable scanner that picks up the surrounding agencies. The scanner in my car picks up Vernon, Huntington Park, and South Gate but I was told we couldn't get Bell Gardens because "They are digital."

Is there a portable scanner that I can buy that I can get Bell Gardens, Huntington Park, South Gate, and the Los Angeles Sheriffs.

Thanks for the help,

Chris

monitor142

Chris,
I'd recommend a Bearcat 396XT or a GRECOM PSR500 for your needs. BGPD is P25 digital and the others are analog. LASD is analog UHF half duplex on Dispatch channels, repeated on L-Tacs. You'll be covered for LAPD also along with ICIS if you choose to monitor those systems with either of those radios.

Good luck, stay safe.

-M142

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Agreed. If the PSR-500 price range is too steep I would still recommend even a used digital scanner (like a Pro-96) from eBay or something. The ability to hear LAPD along with Bell Gardens is worth the investment.

patin

bell gardens pd

you are better off with a digital scanner that hac NAC capeability because BELLGARDENS and SIMI VALLEY PD have the same freq 453.9250 by putting in the NAC you can determan who you are hearing SIMI VALLEY PD come in very clear in the southbay area

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Good call! The NAC code will filter out interference from Simi Valley and allow you to hear Bell Gardens only. Worth the extra money for a newer scanner.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Judas:

Try Small cities Mutual aid and UHF CLEMARS for Bell Gardens, South Gate: VHF CLEMARS; 154.755; 156.0. S.G. uses CLEMARS a lot.

gwc139

Good call! The NAC code will filter out interference from Simi Valley and allow you to hear Bell Gardens only. Worth the extra money for a newer scanner.

Simi Valley is to far to be any use for me. What is a digital scanner that has a NAC code filter? Does the Pro-96 do it?

Thanks guys,

gwc139

gwc139;1560932. What is a digital scanner that has a NAC code filter? Does the Pro-96 do it? Thanks guys said:
What is a NAC code filter, whats a less expensive portable scanner with it?

gwc139

Pro106

Ok, based on your guys input and some research I went out and bought a Pro106 from Radio Shack.

My only problem is I am lost and can't program it. I have stared at it and tried for two days but I am ready to throw it at a wall.

Does anyone know a shop or a person I can take it to and have it programed.

I only want it to scan about 6 agencies and I have the frequencies. I just can't figure it out.

Any info would help.

Thanks

CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.