L.A County Jail Monitoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandpaFrank

I have a Pro 96 and I was looking at the LA Jail frequencies in the database here, I wanted to hear Twin Towers and MCJ,so I programmed the freq's into an empty bank and I don't hear squat all day, but I notice there are different "tone's". Example:

483.71250 WII825 M 186.2 PL LASD MCJ Men's Central Jail / Twin Towers

Is my scanner stuck on just 1 tone and thats why I cannot hear them? Also, I hear LAPD use the term "switch to toggle B" quite often, is there sonething Im missing? Is my scanner capable of switching tone's?

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Those frequencies listed in the Db are simplex - hence the M designation.

Unless you happen to be very close, you will not be able to receive them. Same with the LA County Court Services, which also are simplex at each court house.

WA6KFI

Men's Central Jail

You may what to try monitoring this frequency if you are near by...483.8375 R, PL-131.8 ( In Building ) may be low-power!

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
The Db has several MCJ and Twin Towers frequencies listed, but they are all simplex. So unless you plan on going and standing outside, probably not receivable more than a few blocks away.

WA6KFI

Men's Central Jail Freq's...

This is a newer frequency from the sheriff's latest radio plan sheet and it is a low power repeater for inside use and you may have to be in the area...yes, they also use simplex. The sheriff's have many new frequencies right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.