Question regarding LASD Dispatch 9 and LAPD Harbor frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoo

Hello all i am new to this whole scanner gig and I would like some help starting this new hobby. So What type of scanner would I need and which is the best to purchase to listen to the following 2 frequencies: LOS ANGELES COUNTY SHERIFF DISPATCH 9" and "LAPD HARBOR DIVISION" ? and how would I program the frequency on the scanner ? Also would I be able to listen to these frequencies on any scanner ? thanks.

patin

i live in carson and i listen to both SHERIFF is all ANALOG >>LAPD you will need a DIGITAL CAPABLE scanner witch will run you 400.00 or more any analog scanner will work for SHERIFF

Leoo

i live in carson and i listen to both SHERIFF is all ANALOG >>LAPD you will need a DIGITAL CAPABLE scanner witch will run you 400.00 or more any analog scanner will work for SHERIFF

Ok thank you , also is there anyway I can listen to these frequencies online ? or on an app ?

Code20Photog

Premium Subscriber
At this point, I wouldn't buy any scanner that isn't digital capable, even if what you're interested in listening to isn't digital at the moment. No sense in putting a couple hundred dollars down on a scanner and having to replace it a couple years down the road.

RadioDaze

There are a variety of LAPD channels you will want besides the one you specified, such as tacticals, etc. So don't feel like you're buying a digital scanner just to listen to one channel.

A digital scanner can pick up analog channels fine, in case you're wondering.

hd625b

Premium Subscriber
I agree with Code20Photog. More and more agencies are moving to a digital format. I have A Uniden BCD996XT which receives both digital and analog signals. The 996XT has a steep learning curve but with the help of the Radioreference forums I'm learning.

MtL

SCPD

QRT
Look for a Pro-96 on ebay, those work best around here. I'm in San Pedro.

I would suggest staying away from one of these. They can't be rebanded and the new 700 MHz band isn't covered. The federal band (162-174) can't be narrowbanded on the 96 either.

Status
Not open for further replies.