RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > California Radio Discussion Forum > Greater Los Angeles & Inland Areas Discussion

Greater Los Angeles & Inland Areas Discussion Local area specific discussion for Los Angeles and its outlying areas such as Ventura and Orange Counties, and the Inland Empire area.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 1:32 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Red face Lots of Changes

The Patrol Vehicles in our Co. use Similar Light bars). But it don't stop there I.v seen Leads in all kinds of places on our Local Patrol Vehicles every were from Down by there Tags & on the Bumper, to in there Grills too on the Mirrors and on the New Tahoe's they have them mounted near the Rear Taillights..

And at Night They look like a Lighted Christmas Tree, O and they still have that blinding spot Light that they can point in the Drivers side Mirror so they can Literally Blind ya as there moving up toward the Driver Guns Drawn as an Option to the Situation but as the time has evolved things have really change in and on the Police Cruiser from when i seen them in my younger years..

Last edited by bear780ks; 09-14-2013 at 1:36 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2013, 1:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Re: CHP Southern gets its first Ford Interceptor Utility Vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyhetzel View Post
What does the quote say above/below te 911 sticker ? Pretty please
Appears to be "See Something" / "Say Something"
Old 09-14-2013, 6:00 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2338; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

The Feds came out with a slogan a couple (if not more) years back, something like, "If you see something suspicious, say something". In other words, report any and all suspicious activity to the authorities, and let them decide if it's an issue or not.
Old 09-14-2013, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB7MIB View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2338; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

Looks like a PPV Tahoe.
That is most definitely not a Tahoe. It's a Interceptor Utility, like the others posted.
Old 09-14-2013, 9:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by box23 View Post
That is most definitely not a Tahoe. It's a Interceptor Utility, like the others posted.
And it's likely a loaner/test vehicle. That's the Ford "house" markings, looks like they added a temporary "Redlands" on the door.
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2013, 9:59 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code20Photog View Post
And it's likely a loaner/test vehicle. That's the Ford "house" markings, looks like they added a temporary "Redlands" on the door.
It may be a loaner/test vehicle, but the purchase (from Folsom Lake Ford) was already approved by the City back on June 18 when Police Chief Mark " Garcia presented a proposal to purchase four 2014 Ford Interceptor utility patrol units. On motion of Mayor Pro Tem Foster, seconded by Councilmember Gardner, the City Council approved the purchase in the amount of $105,059 per the terms included in the State of California contract number 1-12-23-14."
Page 4 of those minutes.

Background at
http://ci.redlands.ca.us/clerk/2013s...s/130618K7.pdf
and
http://ci.redlands.ca.us/clerk/2013s...0618K7-att.pdf
Old 09-16-2013, 12:24 AM
California Database Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
I hope so. I really don't like that graphics package for anything but a demonstrator vehicle. But it is a wrap that can be ordered from Ford. See page 27 here. The only difference is it looks like the top of the letters is tilted towards the rear rather than the front.

One thing to note from that picture is that the vehicle number falls within the range of normal Redlands PD vehicle numbers. I would not be surprised if the vehicle in that picture is actually one of the batch of new units.
Old 09-16-2013, 8:59 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB7MIB View Post

The Feds came out with a slogan a couple (if not more) years back, something like, "If you see something suspicious, say something". In other words, report any and all suspicious activity to the authorities, and let them decide if it's an issue or not.
Thank you
Old 09-18-2013, 8:44 PM
Database Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2013, 5:20 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Ah, so it wasn't the feds. The NY Metropolitan Transportation Authority came up with it. And now it's apparantly being co-opted on the Left Coast, if not elsewhere.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
At this point, there's no plan for any of them to be slicktops. With the LED-X bar, there's really not much aerodynamic loss.
There will be 50 slick tops PIUV's in the first order of 750

Quote:
And those Camaros... West LA wrecked theirs on THE FIRST DAY they had it. They handed guys who normally drove big pickup trucks, the keys to a RS Camaro, and bad things happened.
It was the SSP Z28 (LS1) version. Drove one for 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eng74 View Post
I think those are gone. They got them 03(?) I think and there were not that many of them.
82 total 2002 year model and hit the road in June of 02

Quote:
I may be a number or two off, but I believe they got 62 of them, and I heard they wrecked like 17. They still have the black and white PR Camaros, at least as of last year LA still had theirs.
82 total and 8 or 9 were black and white. Golden Gate had one of the last ones and it was retired a month ago.

Last edited by Air37; 09-20-2013 at 10:59 AM..
Old 09-20-2013, 4:50 PM

Cool Commerical enforcement

These white "polar bears" are commercial enforcement only correct ? I know if your doing really stupid you get a souvenir. These will be really hard to see BTW.
Old 09-20-2013, 4:52 PM

one more question...is the driverside spot light a red ruby or white....cant tell. Thanks
Old 09-20-2013, 7:34 PM

Quote:
These white "polar bears" are commercial enforcement only correct ? I know if your doing really stupid you get a souvenir. These will be really hard to see BTW.
They are considered SMPV's (specially marked patrol vehicle) and the last batch were PCF (primary collision factor) cars so I doubt they will be intended for commercial.

Quote:
one more question...is the driverside spot light a red ruby or white....cant tell. Thanks
should be red from fleet but areas were changing them out to white to provide more takedown light.

And another item of interest..... In the prototype PIUV's they had LED spots which were later removed and replaced with old school halogens.
Old 09-20-2013, 9:39 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air37 View Post
They are considered SMPV's (specially marked patrol vehicle) and the last batch were PCF (primary collision factor) cars so I doubt they will be intended for commercial.

should be red from fleet but areas were changing them out to white to provide more takedown light.

And another item of interest..... In the prototype PIUV's they had LED spots which were later removed and replaced with old school halogens.
Thanks Air37 !
Old 09-23-2013, 12:24 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:

With LEDs I'm surprised that they don't have the option to go red or white.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:27 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
What exactly is a PCF unit?
Old 09-29-2013, 5:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default They're coming north

CHP Arcata Office #16 has at least one of them, possibly two. Here's 16-31 seen yesterday after a Humboldt SO deputy "bought" his call and hooked/booked a 647(f) female running out into US 101 traffic. Bet the 4WD will be plenty useful up here in the boonies now that the wet weather has begun for us.

Back on Sep 3rd I saw what appeared to be another one from Crescent City #95 racing thru the curves of Hwy 101 to an 11-44 motorcyclist down.

Last edited by KMA367; 09-29-2013 at 6:01 PM..
Old 09-29-2013, 8:50 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
There will be 50 slick tops PIUV's in the first order of 750

I wonder what the cost differential is between the all-white and black and white versions. I know when Ventura County was in a fiscal mess a few years back, they went to all white cars, saved them a bundle.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:24 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Unhappy Humboldt CHP Explorers and new Blue-2 Channel

Oops, wrong forum, see
New CHP Explorer

Last edited by KMA367; 10-27-2013 at 12:31 AM.. Reason: Can't delete it.