AMR Ambulance Los Angeles County VHF-lo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
I received a submission that the primary LA basin frequency for AMR Ambulance was 47.46. Previously we showed 45.88 being LA metro and 47.46 being for the San Gabriel Valley.

I listened for a bit over the weekend and from call addresses it seems 47.46 is indeed LA metro with calls in places like Hollywood. While 45.88 carried calls in places like El Monte and around the SGV.

So seemingly the two frequencies were swapped around.

Then a bit later I decided to also listen to some of the other VHF-lo licences and frankly came away confused. I heard various activity on 45.92 and 47.62 but now the original 47.46 & 45.88 also being cross patched with these new frequencies. 47.62 had calls in Walnut and Hacienda Heights while patched to 47.46.

Clearly there are propagation difference in the channels so they have differing transmit sites and coverage areas. Based on signal strength 47.46 was by far the strongest from mid-city LA, and was also where I was also able to hear the mobile units on many occasions as well.

I'm wondering if anyone has more accurate current breakdown of how AMR operates and designates these VHF-low band frequencies?

Thanks!

spectr17

I wish I could help, I used to work on their site that's right below Johnstone peak but it's been years and may have changed from my time there. I'll ask around to see if anyone knows the freq plan there.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Thanks.
Any insight as to how they currently allocate the VHF-low band stuff be appreciated so we can keep the Db updated.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
One thing I have noted last couple days is that they tend to only have 1 or 2 dispatchers working and patch frequencies together more often than not.

Tough still having a hard time working out which of their dozen VHF-lo channels is truly meant for what areas.

Code20Photog

Premium Subscriber
One thing I have noted last couple days is that they tend to only have 1 or 2 dispatchers working and patch frequencies together more often than not.

Tough still having a hard time working out which of their dozen VHF-lo channels is truly meant for what areas.

Wow, a far cry from the glory days when I was at AMR and my roomate was a dispatcher. Each division had a dispatcher and 'wingman". We dispatched San Fernando, San Gabriel, Jefferson, South Gate, OC and all CCTs out of the dispatch center on Hamilton, and they also handled IFT calls for Ventura.

VNC4323

I don't know if you already figured this out but what they do is sort it by either channels set for fire calls or for IFT's. They designate 1 dispatcher for each of the three fire coverage areas and one dispatcher to dispatch IFT's in the LA area. The IFT dispatcher in the LA area simulcasts multiple channels at once.

Sad thing is half of my current co-workers don't even understand the setup the company uses so that may account for some confusion to anyone listening. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.