LAPD Channel Reprogramming

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
I saw a note that City of Los Angeles was about to commence reprogramming of LAPD radios, and channel line ups were to change. Additionally some LAFD changes were forthcoming also.

Anyone have update or details regarding the expected LAPD changes ?

Feel free to post here, or submit anonymously to the Db.

Thanks

Radio_Lady

From what I've picked up, there won't be many LAPD-specific changes. The channel line-up hasn't had or needed much updating since the division simplex frequencies were added in 2004, other than the addition of Mission, Olympic, and Topanga Divisions. Some special-purpose frequencies that were never in the patrol radios could get added.

The biggest need is to update a lot of outside agencies that have changed and added frequencies and/or tones, gone narrowband of course or digital, and LASD especially has a lot of new Ch-15 channels that LAPD could stand to have access to.

I assume their XTS and XTL5000s are ready to do trunking, so I'm wondering if they plan to add some ICIS trunked-channel capabilities. Maybe they will even train the officers more adequately on all the abilities they already have but never use, especially the Mutual Aid and interoperability in general.

Last edited:

Radio_Lady

Radio Lady, are you a PSR / BCC, Etc???? or Retired?
PSR, Ret. After transferring out to a division in the 90s I eventually retired, but it obviously isn't out of my blood yet. On a whim and after some cruel encouragement from a few old co-workers, last Thursday I filed an application to go back for a few more years. :roll: Personnel Dept says I've been gone way too many years to be considered as anything but a new hire. We'll see. In the meantime I'll have to behave.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.