not hearing any anything please help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

breed909

Premium Subscriber
Hello all i recently upgraded from the bc346xt to the bcd396xt and I am having a bit of a problem i cant hear any digital systems . I can hear all the conventional and the trucked systems crystal clear. I have try'ed mountain simulcast and i have try'ed ICIS and i also try'ed orange county p25 ..i live at the north end of San Bernardino in between little mountain and hwy 18 is it possible that where i live that my connection is limited ..Please Any help would be great i really am get confused and i dont know if its something i am doing or not .. thank you for your time !!!!

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
you can P/M your information by email and your scanner file so I can check it out.

You will not be-able to hear Orange County and ICIS for sure. Only probably San Bernardino System and maybe LASO and LACOFD

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I have try'ed mountain simulcast and i have try'ed ICIS and i also try'ed orange county p25...

have you tried San Bernardino County's mountain digital system? That's probably the only digital system you'll hear, and it's not carrying much, if any, traffic, since it's still under construction. A few sites are on the air, but it's nowhere near complete.

If you can hear System 8, you'll be able to hear the digital system when it comes online. There are control channels on the air now. When the valley digital system gets built, you won't be able to hide from it.

You chances of hearing Orange County or Riverside County aren't completely zero, but close to it. ICIS is out of the question.

i live at the north end of San Bernardino in between little mountain and hwy 18 is it possible that where i live that my connection is limited...

It's quite possible and quite likely, depending on EXACTLY where you are, that you're just too shadowed to hear much. You're in the primary coverage area of both system 6 and system 8, and that's about it.

Please Any help would be great i really am get confused and i dont know if its something i am doing or not .. thank you for your time !!!!

Try finding the control channels in conventional mode. You should hear several. If you're able to program in the mountain digital system, and simply don't hear any traffic, that could well be exactly what's happening - no traffic on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.