CCCS programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB6KGX

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I don’t know if this is the right forum to ask this, and if it’s not, please tell me where I should go. Nicely, of course :)

I had CCCS programmed in my 536 and had been hearing it just fine. I don’t BELIEVE that I’ve changed anything in the settings, but over the past few months I haven’t heard a thing from CCCS. I check the Favorites Lists, and it’s there (I have mine set for FL#31). But when I’m scanning, it doesn’t scan this group. I checked the settings in Sentinel, and it LOOKS ok to me. What should I have checked, or not checked? If someone wants to see what the screen looks like, how can I upload a screen shot here, or is it possible, instead, to e-mail the actual FL file?

Fireboat03

Pepsima1 Duplicate Account
Banned
I would delete the whole CCCS system from Sentinel and then re program the system. Make sure the favorites list is turned on.

KB6KGX

Banned
I would delete the whole CCCS system from Sentinel and then re program the system. Make sure the favorites list is turned on.

Exactly what I was thinking, so that’s what I did. I’m still not seeing in in “scan”. When I look at the programming, manually, in “Manage Favorites Lists”, I can see it. It’s there, nothing is “Avoided”, in fact when I check “Review Avoids”, it shows “Nothing Avoided”.

I’m at a loss as to why. I hear it on the Broadcastify feed so I know the haven’t changed anything. I don’t THINK I’ve changed anything on the scanner.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Are you referring to Orange County CCCS? If so, it is loud and clear as always on all my scanners.
If you want, sent me a PM, I will pass along my regular e-mail address and/or phone and you can send me the file for review. Are you sure you set the FL to "monitor" under Set Scan Selection. Also, when you re-programmed the system, make sure the Service Types were not set to "Custom 1." If they were, then turn on "Custom 1."

kma371

QRT
Since this post had nothing to do with the other thread, moved to its own.

Last edited:

KB6KGX

Banned
Are you referring to Orange County CCCS? If so, it is loud and clear as always on all my scanners.
If you want, sent me a PM, I will pass along my regular e-mail address and/or phone and you can send me the file for review. Are you sure you set the FL to "monitor" under Set Scan Selection. Also, when you re-programmed the system, make sure the Service Types were not set to "Custom 1." If they were, then turn on "Custom 1."

I will check tomorrow. I can send you the file of that particular FL. I sent it to someone last weekend, but so far have not heard back from him. I’ll PM you as well.

KB6KGX

Banned
You wouldn't happen to be trying to monitor it from Simi Valley, would you?

No, of course not. But I am in Orange County every other weekend. And I DO hear it in the San Fernando Valley. Not great, but I hear it.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
KB6KGX
I opened up the file you sent to my e-mail. The file you sent for "Countywide" is not for Orange County.
The FL has 23 conventional channels, mostly Fire Tac for Los Angeles County. It is a "conventional channel" file for LA County. Many are command TAC channels, which are not that busy.
This is not an Orange County file nor a Trunking file. I will also try and PM you.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Tonight I loaded the FL in question into my 536HP. Indeed, I am receiving Los Angeles County fire channels loud and clear. with that list.

Steve

KB6KGX

Banned
Tonight I loaded the FL in question into my 536HP. Indeed, I am receiving Los Angeles County fire channels loud and clear. with that list.

Steve

PM’d you. Problem seems to be solved. Not sure what I did, but it’s working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.