RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > California Radio Discussion Forum > Greater Los Angeles & Inland Areas Discussion

Greater Los Angeles & Inland Areas Discussion - Local area specific discussion for Los Angeles and its outlying areas such as Ventura and Orange Counties, and the Inland Empire area.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2018, 1:20 PM

looks like to me all cities will need to send in there blank checks to join.
Sponsored links
Old 05-12-2018, 3:37 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by avascan522 View Post
There's been talk here-and-there about LA-RICS costing too much money in the long haul. I'm just hoping the delays continue, or else I'll be forced to move out of LA County. I can't see myself living somewhere where I can't openly listen to P/S comms.

That aside, has VC done any feasibility studies to show that this 700 system will operate better than VHF, especially in the hilly, wooded areas of the county? Plus, VHF is just so much easier with portable repeaters, compatible equipment, cost savings, and INTEROPERABILITY. But I guess they'll have the dual-band radios for that.
Maybe we'll get lucky and they will only encrypt LE comms and keep FD in the clear.. Fingers crossed
Old 05-16-2018, 10:59 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Has there been any voice traffic on this system yet? Iíve only seen the control channel active (using GRE PSR600).

Tags
962, ventura county