• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

I need a UHF .sc4 file. 450 down to 440.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fowler

Premium Subscriber
I need the opposite SC4 files to take a 403-440 to 450

Fowler
KC5AEE

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Are the SC4 files for the 7100 are different than the ones for the Orions? I'm sure that they are, but just had to ask.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Bringing this one back from the dead, but I am in need of the same, to go from 450 down and 430 up for a p7100/m7100. Thanks!

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
I learned the hard way that the biggest issue is going to be that TX/RX filter assembly on the main board.
It's going to substantially degrade out-of-band performance unless you modify it even if you do get the right .sc4 file.

It's also a royal pain to get the TX/RX filter assembly out for modification.

And modifying it won't be easy, either. You'll need to be pretty good at calculating new component values
as well as have really solid SMT rework skills.

It's not a job for the faint of heart.

And, no, I didn't ever get the file I requested.
Elroy

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
If you have one sc4 file, you can use it to make any band limit/range that you wish.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Hmmm definitely things to consider. There are some 7100's on eBay right now that the seller is using SC4 files to push them into the ham band, he didnt mention if he adjusted the filters at all. I'll keep digging, unfortunately i dont have any SC4 files to start with.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Still haven't gotten confirmation on whether or not an Orion SC4 will work on an M7100. I sent you a PM on Orion SC4 formats. If it works let me know.

Thanks!

Find any SC4 file print it out, grab you scientific calculator and a cup of coffe and set down and study how the hex data is broken down and entered into the existing SC4 file. Once you figure it out calculate your base offset frequency, double check your work, then edit the original SC file and save it to enter into Programmer. Should work on a P7100 if it was programmed with Programmer.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Copy this to Notepad and then save as 440_10 with an SC4 extension (440_10.SC4).

Code:
// Orion 450-520 MHz to 440-510 MHz for 70 centimeter use.
// Program 455.000 MHz to get  445.000 MHz
// MOVES BASE FREQ TO 440 MHZ ((WAS 450 MHZ))
FREQTBL /f /b0 /=1A
FREQTBL /f /b1 /=39
FREQTBL /f /b2 /=DE
FREQTBL /f /b3 /=00
FREQTBL /f /b4 /=1A
FREQTBL /f /b5 /=39
FREQTBL /f /b6 /=DE
FREQTBL /f /b7 /=00
FREQTBL /f /b8 /=1A
FREQTBL /f /b9 /=39
FREQTBL /f /bA /=DE
FREQTBL /f /bB /=00

I just put this together rather quickly. I sent it as a PM last night, because I wasn't sure if would work on the M7100 as it was originally an Orion SC4, but since rfradioconsult said any SC4 will work, then it should.

To change the band, you change the HEX digits after the '=', i.e., 1A, 39, DE, and 00. Notice those 4 groups repeat three times. You put those 4 groups into the Windows calculator using the HEX button and then click the DEC button. So 1A39DE00 in HEX becomes 440000000 (440 MHz) in DEC. So if you want to create a new SC4 for lowband to add 6 meters, you change the 1A39DE00 to 025317C0, which translates to 39000000 (39 MHz) Now when you put in 48.525 into Programmer, when the radio is programmed, the software & SC4 file change the frequency to 52.525 (Out of band for the original radio).

You have to remember to SAVE the original as once you read the radio again, the real channels will appear, i.e., 52.525. So if you try to read a radio written with an SC4 for out of band operation and then try to write back to the radio (even if you didn't change anything), the write will fail because of the out of band frequencies. So if you want to make changes, it's easiest to save a copy of the original file and edit it. Otherwise you'll be doing a lot of calculations to every single frequency in the radio, not just the out of band frequencies.

The info data after the // is for identification purposes only. I usually change it so I can always tel what the file is suppose to do, even if the name of the SC4 got messed up.

Have fun!

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Thanks for this! I will give it a shot today if i get a chance. Is the format the same to change the UPPER limit? Like taking a 403-440 radio and extending it to 450? Or is the process a little different.

Thanks again

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
It's the same process. What you are doing is changing the Base Frequency of the radio.

Say the radio is a 403-440 and you want the amateur band to be included. The original base is 403, so you move it 10 up to 413. You lose the 403-413 portion, but you gain the 440-450 MHz band. So if you enter in the original base frequency, when the radio is programmed it will move it up 10 and become 413.

Same goes for the lower half. 450-520, you'd move the base down 10, so you'd lose 510-520, but gain 440-450. Then when you enter in the original base of 450, the radio will be programmed for 440 instead.

Use any SC4 file and change it to which ever band suits your needs. I made several to allow 136-153 radios to rx weather and 150-174 radios to do ham. I have an M7100 here, but it is VHF model, so it already does 136-174 without mods.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Excellent info thank you! I will give that a shot. I'll let you know how it works.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Thanks to the info rescue161 gave me, i got my 403-430 P7100 to get into the lower ham band and pushed my 150-173 into the VHF ham band. Had to retune both a bit and they are not perfect yet but they work surprisingly well! I have ordered some parts for the Orion to allow the VCO to tune down a little better. Thanks again for the info!

wireless_friendly

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Guys,

Any way to do the same, but keep ability to read and write radio with actual (shown in ProGrammer) freqs?

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
The first time you use the SC4 file, you have to tell every frequency to be off (depending on how many MHz you made your SC4 file for). If you read the radio with Programmer after that, the frequencies will appear normal, but you will not be able to write to the radio as you'll get an out-of-band warning.

A simple solution is to keep the modified codeplug in a safe place, so you don't have to change all of the frequencies every time you want to make changes.

Fidgety9996

I discovered that
first group of four b0-b4 is TX base frequency (both trunked and conv)
second group b4-b7 is RX base frequency (both trunked and conv)

any idea if and what happens when changing b8-bB (third group of 4 rows) and BC-BF (fourth group of 4 rows? My test did not show that it affects RX or TX in any way.

Ideas?

BTW if any one needs sc4 file feel free to PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.