• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

C3 Maestro IP alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperPhly

Premium Subscriber
I've done some googling and found 1 or 2 companies that claim to offer dispatch consoles and software that will work with a Harris P25 system. I don't really have any immediate intention of replacing the C3 Maestros, but the hardware footprint in some smaller dispatch centers can be a bit of a hassle and I'm curious as to what's out there. Have any of you used any of the 3rd party alternatives? If so, what would you suggest?

morganAL

Harris has the VIP console which is much smaller and requires only a PC. Avtec seems to be the favorite/popular choice for a 3rd party P-25 console also.

Cheesedoff

The VIP is just a little less foot print wise. The only real difference is the C3 has the ECE to break out audio and a jackfield.

CSHIFTLT

Feed Provider
we put all our pc's in the electronics room (space and heat) then used "black box" to route via ethernet all the mouse/video/monitor.....just another alternative(only thing in dispatch room is monitors/mouses/keyboard/speakers/headset jacks.....)

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
I would recommend to stick with your system manufacturer's equipment. There will be better support and future upgrades are less likely to break things and be a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.