• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Downgrading an RPM radio to Programmer - TUTORIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MECS_1947

R19

I have a p7100, programmed with R19, but have R18 programmer. Is it possible to do the same, using this process? I have tried to read the radio but it won't read, so I do not know if it is the connection or because of the difference in programmer? Thanks

GM

Premium Subscriber
Based on my past experiences, you can read a radio with your current version and the lower numbered ones, but the higher one has to be read with the same version number that programmed the radio or a newer one. So in your case, a R18 won't be able to read the programming from an R19 and higher. But if you have a R20 version, you can read all of the lower numbered ones. You can always write to a radio that has been programmed by Programmer with any version, but you may not get all of the benefits of the latest updates that may be available from the software. However, once a radio has been read or programmed by RPM (Radio Personality Manager), then all bets are off, and you'll need to follow the downgrade process in the first thread.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
The one nice thing about Harris/MAcom/Tyco/Ericsson/GE/InsertNameHere radios is that even though you might not be able to read the radio you can still write to it. So if you have a radio programmed with R19 just make up a new codeplug with R18 and send it to the radio and you will be good to go. Only downfall is you will lose whatever is in the radio... so if it's something you really need then you will have to find someone with R19 to read it for you.

I've seen that Harris also has an official document that steps thru the procedures for downgrading from RPM to Programmer. I can try to get a copy it if anyone needs it.

FiremanSparky

The one nice thing about Harris/MAcom/Tyco/Ericsson/GE/InsertNameHere radios is that even though you might not be able to read the radio you can still write to it. So if you have a radio programmed with R19 just make up a new codeplug with R18 and send it to the radio and you will be good to go. Only downfall is you will lose whatever is in the radio... so if it's something you really need then you will have to find someone with R19 to read it for you.

I've seen that Harris also has an official document that steps thru the procedures for downgrading from RPM to Programmer. I can try to get a copy it if anyone needs it.

If you could get that, it would be great.

Thanx in advance

X

xts3000r

Programmer cant. right a code-plug. and put it in a. RPM Radio right? thanks

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Correct, you need to downgrade the radio before you can touch it with ProGrammer.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Here is the official procedure, as per Harris.

Attachments

• RPM radios back to programmer, instructions.pdf
    290.9 KB · Views: 957

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
Trying to down grade my 700p but don't have to firmware or dsp on computer as radio was never read or wrote to so how do I get that on computer.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
You will need to locate a source for them somewhere. They contain proprietary M/A Com / Harris information and aren't supposed to be freely traded on the internet. Some will kindly provide them for you if you ask nicely. Some people have even had luck contacting Harris TAC and asking them, but that can be very hit or (mostly) miss.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
The TAC has sent code and DSP to me before. As long as you don't ask for latest and greatest versions or versions that are restricted to limited distribution (such as DSP code that supports P25 trunking plus AES and other top features), they will probably be willing to help get more run of the mill code to you,
particularly for radios that are for the most part no longer being used by their customers.

Nearly all Jaguars are retired by now. With the P25 push getting serious, many agencies are divesting themselves of anything that isn't P25 upgradable.

FSCOTT

.BIN OR .BIZ FILES

Can anyone help with a set of .BIN or .BIZ files for 7100 series.

Best regards, Scott

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Need more information... Exact model # of the radio for starters (7100's came with different CPU's requiring different firmware etc). The current firmware and DSP in the radio would be helpful too.

FSCOTT

.BIN OR .BIZ FILES

The radio is a Model RU101188V231 RevH 095 SN: 9328704 M7100 on the M/A-COM label

MAHG-N8MXX 3635B-0022 SN: 9328704 SD: 10232 on the HARRIS label

Status
Not open for further replies.