RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Harris / MA/COM / GE / Ericsson Forum

Harris / MA/COM / GE / Ericsson Forum For general discussion of MA/COM EDACS and ProVoice systems, including equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 5:46 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Default MACOM M7100

SO!

Picked up a Jaguar 725M from ebay.
Remote mount radio only. I have a few orions that are remote mount so figured i can just pop the cables on it and the radio will work. And it does.

Now i need to program it and my programming cable is for a front mount. Sooo i have to remove the orion remote head and attach it to the radio itself inorder to program the orions
Now. My issue here is the connector inside the 725M is more like a connector rather then the flex cable. So i can connect the orion head directly to the M7100 unit.

I have a Harris M7300 so i poped that open and it has the same connector as the orion does. Any way i can program this with what i have? Is it possible to connect the front mount programming cable to the radio and give +voltage to some pin to make it think the control head is connected?

Last edited by Muxlow; 11-21-2013 at 7:39 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2013, 2:19 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

If interested I can send the ribbon cable with the connector on it so the orion will mate with the m7100/725m... have several spares from converting all of ours from front to remote...