RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Harris / MA/COM / GE / Ericsson Forum

Harris / MA/COM / GE / Ericsson Forum For general discussion of MA/COM EDACS and ProVoice systems, including equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 12:27 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default MA/Com M7100 Programming

I have recently started playing with a MA/Com M7100 radio that my local PD uses. I have the software and am trying to figure out some of the features.

1) During scan mode if the radio picks up a active channel the radio will remain on that channel until the activity has gone and the hang timer lapses. My radio is getting a clicking sound during the transmissions. It sounds like a radio is searching for activity on the Priority Channel. However this sound is occurring about 3-4 times a second and I have my priority scan set to 1.0.

2) I cannot get my option button working on the keypad. Tried moving the settings to several different options or features with no success.

3) In order to have new features added on the radio such as P25 Conventional does this come as a downloaded file or something over email or do I have to ship it to the manufactured?

Thanks,

Brandon

Brandon
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2014, 12:57 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

1. Is this a conventional system? Digital/P25? Is the active channel non-priority?

2. When you program the radio, another window pops up to select Radio Code and DSP (if you want to change them) there is another button there Mobile Options, from there you check the box to write config to the control head (system or scan whichever you had) Any time you change the config for the control head you need to write it with that step.

3. New features are usually given via email and consist of a code that is entered in the Radio Maint app.
Polk County, Iowa
Old 01-24-2014, 8:38 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The system is programmed as a P25 system with some conventional channels. Some of the channels are worse than others where the pulsating symptom completely cuts out the receiving audio. Other channels you can still understand the receiving audio but definitely hear this pulse in the background. I suppose it could be my power supply I am running it off of but I really don't think that is the case.

Brandon
Old 01-25-2014, 1:40 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I've seen an issue similar to this with mixed P25/analog channels scanning at the same time. What version of RadioCode/DSP are you running? The last version seemed to fix those issues.
Polk County, Iowa
Old 02-04-2014, 12:08 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I am not real familiar with the MA/Com radios. The ProGrammer software version I am using is R18B02.

Brandon
Sponsored links