• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Harris XG-25P/Macom compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if accessories (speaker/mic and batteries) for any of the Macom portables are the same as the XG-25P?

Thanks.

Sutton

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
I believe they are the same connectors as the P7300/P5300/P5400/P5500 series of radios.

Ddeaver

I believe they are the same connectors as the P7300/P5300/P5400/P5500 series of radios.

This is true.

Ma/Com drop in charger for that series works on the 25P also but the radio drops into the newer Harris branded charger more easily. Maybe there are slight differences or maybe the older charger was worn from use.

Adam,

Thanks for your answer. Do the P7100 and P7300 radios have the same battery and speaker/mic? The reason I'm asking is our company makes stakeout equipment for police that interfaces with a portable to send alarm messages. We do a lot of Motorola interfaces and Kenwood interfaces, but rarely Harris/MACOM. We have a dept. in NY that has a Harris XG-25P. They say it is a newer radio. We've never encountered that radio, but have done a MACOM P7100. But, I think they are different than the P7300 or XG-25P in both the speaker/mic and battery packs. I have all the wiring information for the P7100, but not for the XG-25P.

Sutton

harrisradios

The P7100's and P7300's are two very different styles. The batteries and the speaker mics for the P7300's are not compatible with the P7100's. The XG Series is relatively new.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Here is a comparison to the UDCs for each of the models.

P7100 on the left, P5400 middle and P7300 on the right. Very different models but the latter two have compatible accessories/batteries/chargers. I don't have a XG-25/75 in front of me so I can't comment about that.

Attachments

• UDC Comparison.jpg
    UDC Comparison.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 1,214

FDRadioguy777

The XG-75P appears to have the same data port as the P5400 and P7300. I would imagine the XG-25P is similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.