• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Talkgroups Phase I and Phase II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
A Harris P25 Phase II trunk-system also working in Phase I, will the talk-group id numbers be the same for both Phase II and Phase I?

My local government plans on testing their Harris P25 Phase II trunk-system very soon, but looks like from the system frequencies emission designators is also going to work in Phase I.

Emission Designator 8K00F1D P25 Phase I
Emission Designator 9K70D1W P25 Phase I simulcast
Emission Designator 9K80D7W P25 Phase II fixed-end 2-slot TDMA (Harmonized Differential Quadrature Phase Shift Keyed modulation – H-DQPSK), per Motorola literature

I guess their EDACS trunk-system is gong to work for sometime at their old transmitter sites which the frequencies emission designators, but I am not able to find information on these designators.

12K0F1D
12K0F1E
13K0F1B
13K0F2D
14K0F3E

DisasterGuy

Yes the talkgroup ID will be the same Phase 1 or Phase 2 under Dynamic Dual Mode. Typically you will see a few channels powered down on EDACS and then powered up on P25 as testing begins. These channels will fluctuate until system cutover.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Yes the talkgroup ID will be the same Phase 1 or Phase 2 under Dynamic Dual Mode. Typically you will see a few channels powered down on EDACS and then powered up on P25 as testing begins. These channels will fluctuate until system cutover.

So, the 5 sites can receive/transmit Phase 1, Phase 2, and EDACS?

DisasterGuy

There are many variables there. The "old" system likely consists of Mastr IIe or Mastr III stations for EDACS. The "new" system would use Mastr V stations for P25. EDACS and P25 will be two separate systems (although they could be linked using what is known as an "EDACS Migration Gateway"). Certain channels of EDACS would need to be turned off (placed into test partition) in order to be able to begin testing on P25 using the "new" system.

On a Harris P25 implementation it will make use of what is known as Enhanced Dual Dynamic Mode. This means that with the Dual Dynamic Mode the system can move a talkgroup between Phase 1 and Phase 2 if a Phase 1 subscriber affiliates with the talkgroup. Harris has implemented their "enhanced" DDM so that in a multi-site system (in contrast to a full simulcast system) the same talkgroup can be Phase 1 on one site and Phase 2 on other sites if only one site has a Phase 1 radio affiliated.

Status
Not open for further replies.