• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

VHF P7100 P25 fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syncopations

Hears voices in my head.
Okay, this is weird. Last night, my P7100 was working fine. P25 was coming in as clear as digital can be. Well, this morning, I reprogrammed the radio with an updated personality. When the radio rebooted, I get a FEAT ERR ERR=0553. Now, neither RPM or Radio Maintenance can read the radio. Oddly enough, it appears the radio can still decode P25. However, I can no longer see the feature options and the SYS, TRK, and CNV all show as 0.

Does anyone have any idea as to what might have happened?

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Looks like you need to recover the radio with a good backup of the tracking and feature data. Here is the definition from the service manual:

PIFEAT_TRACK_ERROR SOFTWARE 553:
Tracking data failure. Radio will revert
to the default tracking data set. Tracking
data needs to be re-loaded, or (if a copy
of tracking data not available) radio
needs to be re-calibrated.

Syncopations

Hears voices in my head.
A lesson to ALWAYS backup tracking and feature data.

Unfortunately, I don't have the tracking and feature data on this computer. It was lost when my other computer crashed. I never backed it up on the new computer. Am I screwed?. I do have the FEATDATA 1-3.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
You'll have to manually enter the feature data and the tracking will need to be reset. For RX its not as critical but you'll probably want to get that re-aligned to allow it to track properly.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
To properly align the radio you'll need access to a service monitor and some other test gear. Probably not something you have laying around. There are some default tracking files that come with ProGrammer that can get you CLOSE but it's not going to be ideal.

Syncopations

Hears voices in my head.
To properly align the radio you'll need access to a service monitor and some other test gear. Probably not something you have laying around. There are some default tracking files that come with ProGrammer that can get you CLOSE but it's not going to be ideal.

I tried the default tracking from ProGrammer. Didn't work. I'm bummed out about this. I liked that radio.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
There is a listing on eBay right now to service/align those radios. You might give that a shot.

Syncopations

Hears voices in my head.
Okay, I was able to get the tracking data from another P25 radio. As a matter of fact, the other radio came from the same agency my radio came from, and the new owner of it is a friend of mine. Using the tracking from his radio, and DSP from my radio and the feature data from my radio, I was able to partially recover the radio. I'm now able to program the radio, however I still get the FEAT ERR ERR=0551. The radio still decodes P25 and analog. Now, whenever I transmit to the VCALL stuff, analog works as intended. When I programmed a VCALL channel in P25 and transmitted, I got a DIGV ERR error, but the radio still transmitted in P25 and the scanner was able to successfully hear the P25.

A few things:

1) Can anyone spare the FLSH VER file J2R16D01 and the DSP file F4R06K02 for P7100(system) VHF? If you can't, please don't answer. If you can, or if you have comments regarding this particular question, please send me a private message.

2) I read the feature data from my friends radio. His set has 16 sets(octets?), mine has 18. I noticed that some of octets(??) repeat from FEATDATA 2 and 3. Is that normal? I can send images of the feature set from the radio taken before the radio screwed up. If you can help, private message please.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me and those to may be able to help.

nucleaireqc

not add four zero for the end (00 00) exemple FEATDATA 1 01B******F98 FEATDATA 2 F7E0F**C492F FEATDATA 3 294**07D0000 (THE END ZERO NOT ADD FEATURE ENCRYPTION DATA)

Syncopations

Hears voices in my head.
The whole radio freaked out on its own. I had to do a recovery and had to put the feature string back in. Unfortunately, I didn't have a backup of it. I did, however have pictures of FEATDATA 1-3 that I took before the radio went out. I put those in, and got the radio to work....somewhat.

I'm able to power up the radio and program it again. I do get a 0551 error on power up, but everything works. I can TX on analog just fine. I can TX on digital(P25 and ProVoice), but I get an error which I assume means "Digital Version" error, but a scanner tuned to the digital frequency receives the digital voice with no issues either. The radio can decode digital traffic with no problem we well.

Why are.you messing with the feature string? Did purchase a new.feature and it was provided by TAC?

nucleaireqc

The whole radio freaked out on its own. I had to do a recovery and had to put the feature string back in. Unfortunately, I didn't have a backup of it. I did, however have pictures of FEATDATA 1-3 that I took before the radio went out. I put those in, and got the radio to work....somewhat.

I'm able to power up the radio and program it again. I do get a 0551 error on power up, but everything works. I can TX on analog just fine. I can TX on digital(P25 and ProVoice), but I get an error which I assume means "Digital Version" error, but a scanner tuned to the digital frequency receives the digital voice with no issues either. The radio can decode digital traffic with no problem we well.

Everything works? you speak in digital and it does not give you an error (DIGV_error)?

I could perhaps give you remote assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.