• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need Harris XG-100P GPS Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainerTom

I am an instructor and training developer for basic operations for the XG-100P and 100M (CH100) and want to move beyond basic programming and operations. Specifically, I want to know how to create radio IDs so they can share SA data through the GPS capability.

We program with maybe 9 frequencies in a Conventional P25 Set (no trunking) and just repeat them in Analog NB, P25 C4FM, and P25 NB to create the A/B/C Banks (interoperability). My RPM Version is R10B07 and radio firmware 12082-8900 XGPRO2A26.

I have worked on the tactical radio side for some years but having issues with this guy after moving over to the civilian side of things. Thanks for any help.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I moved your post to the Harris forum where it is likely to get a more qualified audience.

I am an instructor and training developer for basic operations for the XG-100P and 100M (CH100) and want to move beyond basic programming and operations. Specifically, I want to know how to create radio IDs so they can share SA data through the GPS capability.

We program with maybe 9 frequencies in a Conventional P25 Set (no trunking) and just repeat them in Analog NB, P25 C4FM, and P25 NB to create the A/B/C Banks (interoperability). My RPM Version is R10B07 and radio firmware 12082-8900 XGPRO2A26.

I have worked on the tactical radio side for some years but having issues with this guy after moving over to the civilian side of things. Thanks for any help.

TrainerTom,

I'm figuring out the same things with the GPS, Harris SA and other manufacturers P25 GPS data (Motorola, Harris & Thales). Currently I'm in contact with a Harris GPS expert and there are some things that I need in terms of software.

According to the information I received from TIA by email P25 GPS and P25 Data are required as a enabled feature in the radio/s, before the any P25 radio communicates with other P25 radios GPS Data e.g. Lat & Long, Speed, Altitude, timed transmission of data.

Send me a private message and we can find out how it's done at the same time.

TrainerTom

I found a method that worked...

...but I'm sure it's not exactly best practice. I created a simple plan with two P25 channels. In the P25 Freq Set tab I put a check in the SA box. Under System Setup>P25 Conv tab, set the Unit ID to 1, saved and programmed radio 1. Re-opened the Personality, changed Unit ID to 2, and juiced radio 2.

After several back and forth radio checks, I went into the GPS menu and each radio had received SA from the other on the channel I placed the check box...displayed 1/1 Units and displayed the Unit ID "1" or "2" from System Setup. The name remained "Unit 1" and "Unit 2" and I haven't figured that part out just yet.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Seems like you have it configured roughly correct, just check the SA box for a P25-C channel and it will beacon its GPS data every x number of seconds (this timer is set via the Timer Options, set this to the number of seconds)

You do not need P25 Data feature to use SA, it just works.

To set a name instead of just the radio ID, create an Individual Call Set and put in the ID and name you want it to show, assign that ICall set to the system and you are good to go. The names will show up on the SA "map" instead of the ID.

TrainerTom

Great Help

That helps a lot and I appreciate it! I tried several different settings but I don't think I quite have the iCall down yet. I was able to get one radio to show its name but the second was still "Unit 2".A few more questions if you don't mind and if you get a chance to answer:
1. Am I correct in creating a separate system for each unit or radio?
2. It seems the ICall set could include multiple members (thus a "set") but how do I program multiple radios in the group and each know its individual unit name? In the green radios I am used to, we assign a station ID from the group (or Net) when we juice to each individual radio, all from the same Mission Plan and I just don't see that feature or button push with this procedure.
3. What are my chances of getting a generic Personality file with the settings I need that I could then deconstruct to see how to build my own?

Again, I am very grateful for the help!

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
I think I understand what you are asking, lets see if i can answer.

1. You can get away with creating 1 personality in RPM, when you program the radio, at the bottom you can override the Unit IDs, that is where you will program in each radios ID number.
2. In the I-Call set, you enter the name, ID number and if you want the alpha or number or both to be displayed. (alpha would be the name and default). The list on the left lets you populate multiple IDs. So ID 1001 could be "Base 1" ID 1004 could be "Mobile 55" etc.
3. Hit me up via PM and I can get you my contact info, send me what you are trying to do and i can get you fixed up.

TrainerTom

Nailed it!

I'm all set and thanks for the help Radioman96p71 ! The Increment Ovr button was the last missing piece,

CommunicationsFreak, have you followed and captured enough of this to be able to accomplish what you needed? PM me and within the next few days I should have the steps written up and can share them with you. As far as collecting SA on a laptop, a SLIP or PPP connection is needed from one of the radios in the group and I don't plan to get that far into the weeds with this radio, that just doesn't fit our mission.

I'm all set and thanks for the help Radioman96p71 ! The Increment Ovr button was the last missing piece,

CommunicationsFreak, have you followed and captured enough of this to be able to accomplish what you needed? PM me and within the next few days I should have the steps written up and can share them with you. As far as collecting SA on a laptop, a SLIP or PPP connection is needed from one of the radios in the group and I don't plan to get that far into the weeds with this radio, that just doesn't fit our mission.

Doing the same thing here, with the addition of SA tracking log + SA into KML data to laptop. Slightly time-consuming to setup.
Sent you a PM.

Anyone know of a stable Windows 7 64-bit, modem emulator software/application?

gesucks

please share the step by step process you have and what firmware and RPM it applies to and what the app is. This forum is about sharing information not keeping it secret and sending in PM only instead of helping others on the forum looking for the same information.

Thank you

TrainerTom

My "written steps" are a ragged collection of notes at this point but I intend to collect, validate, and assemble into a solid process and share with everyone who would want them. I'm a teacher by trade and sharing knowledge is my life but I also exercise due diligence and try to make sure I share the best, most accurate information that I can before I put my name on it before I put it out there.

gesucks

Thank you TrainerTom, understand work and family. I was more referring to CommunicationsFreak, who says he has the info and wants to send it PM and not post and share.

TrainerTom

I'm certain that's not exactly the intent. PM is a more direct tool to use for collaboration and makes the process of getting procedures documented much more efficient. I've been on travel training for the past month but returning to my office tomorrow and getting these steps down on digits is going to be a major focus for me.

What I may need help with is learning the do's/dont's and how's and where's of posting them to this forum. I assure you what I have - as accurately as I can get them - will be shared with any and all. And CommunicationsFreak has been a great contributor to what I'm doing and I'm sure feels the same.

---My O.C.D. has become C.D.O. ...has to be in alphabetical order!

I'm certain that's not exactly the intent. PM is a more direct tool to use for collaboration and makes the process of getting procedures documented much more efficient. I've been on travel training for the past month but returning to my office tomorrow and getting these steps down on digits is going to be a major focus for me.

What I may need help with is learning the do's/dont's and how's and where's of posting them to this forum. I assure you what I have - as accurately as I can get them - will be shared with any and all. And CommunicationsFreak has been a great contributor to what I'm doing and I'm sure feels the same.

---My O.C.D. has become C.D.O. ...has to be in alphabetical order!

TrainerTom, Thanks for your defense. I do not post without having instructions written down, unless I know the subject, like the back of my hand.

Even the manufacturer engineers that I've asked the GPS questions, take a week to get back with answers.

I have not been able to test out the radios, full GPS capability due to the time consuming process it's with gathering all the info/steps, app/software across various manufacturers.

TrainerTom

My Written Programming Instructions

To anyone who wants them, I have molded my pages of chicken scratch into some written instructions. Granted, once back at my desk I no longer have the software in front of me to check, verify small details, or massage them and some may have slipped through the cracks. Nonetheless i have attached them here as a PDF.

Thanks to everyone who helped me figure this stuff out and at least get it as far as it is now...I know there are a million other settings and functions but this should achieve the basics.

Attachments

• Published Programming Steps - Harris Unity XG-100 Portable with GPS SA Exchange.pdf
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,603
Status
Not open for further replies.