• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XG Radio Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRJL10-8

Can someone please post pictures of an XG-75, XG-25, and XG 15 in relation to a Jaguar 700P. Trying to see difference in sizes

FDRadioguy777

The XG Radios are a different design from the Jaguar 700P. They are slightly smaller. I do not have a picture but if you search these radios you can see what they look like. The XG 15P is the smallest of the XG Radios. It is similar in size to a P5400.

PACNWDude

Your local Harris radio dealer or their website may be able to help. Finding someone that owns each of those is going to be hard.

That being said, the XG-15 is very close in size to many Motorola radios, such as the PR1500, or MotoTrbo XPR6550 for instance.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
XG-25P radio is definitely smaller then the Jaguar 700P radio if that comparison makes any sense. I definitely think it's a much more durable radio the XG series that is. A bit lighter then its predecessor ( smaller sized batteries in modern radios).

KRJL10-8

That picture is perfect! Thanks. Is the XG-25 the same size as the XG-75? The reason for my question is I am looking at cases for these new radios.

fasteddy64

They appear to be pretty much the same size. (XG25/75)

When we bought tri-chem desk chargers for the 75 the list price was $120 each.

FireJustin

The XG25 and 75 are pretty much identical on the overall physical design and shape. The guts seems to be where the difference is

DisasterGuy

XG-15 side by side with P7300 and P7200.
3adba93d0847cf5a2a57177e1ae0472c.jpg

f96bd04b3005a7c885628bca93ae7738.jpg

Screen is standard Harris
8db4e458c6fecb14659621114f2973ce.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Gotta love Harris. They always keep their radios so similar. Once you've learned one you can really learn to operate them all. Even their menus on the radios are for the most part straight forward. Not as much bells and whistles like Motorola puts out. Idk if that's good or bad. Since most people now like having tech savvy stuff ( younger generation that is)

KRJL10-8

That is exactly what I was looking for. I wasn't sure if the size was different from the P7300. Thanks for posting those pictures because now I can see that the P7300 is slightly larger than an XG15 and it sounds like the P7300 is the same size, about, as the XG75.

Status
Not open for further replies.