• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P7100ip VHF Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Got one of these Macom tagged P7100ip P25 vhf radios off the ever fun ebay

Using R09B11 RPM i cant get the radio to read. Even tried Programmer ver 20 with no go

Im able to program the 800mhz P7100ip's but this one just wont work for me. I push and hold the buttons on the side and the screen goes all pixels. When i click read or write the screen shuts off and says the radio is not connected.

Tried just reading the radio with the radio on, No go. Tried holding only the ptt on power up and the screen goes blank

What the hell is the issue here?

Flash J2R03C01
DSP F4R03A03
Pers 29.0

Iv got a wack load of LPE/MRK/Jag 700P/P7100's and no issues doing these and now this VHF radio wants to go dumb

Just removed the guts and put a different case on it from a working P7100ip and get the same stuff going on. Screen goes blank when read/write

Last edited:

DisasterGuy

Try to clean the UDC contracts. Also very possible you need to update RPM. R9 is pretty old these days, may have been written with a new version. One more thought, can you read tracking and feature data via Radio Maintenance Utility?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Muxlow

Super Secret
The contacts were really clean as is. I did put a different case on from a radio that wrote fine.

That would be a negative for being able to do anything with the maint program. The display goes blank

Muxlow

Super Secret
Fixed it
Had to load up programmer radio maint program and force a recovery. Loaded in the older radio file it required and took it. Now used RPM and updated to the latest radio code and correct DSP file and seems to be working.

Must of had a corrupt radio code in it or something

Status
Not open for further replies.