• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Harris DMR Momentum series radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody own any of them? What is their starting price tag go for? How much is the the Momentum HDP 250 go for? What programming software is needed? Does it provide Front Panel Programming on the display models?

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Front panel programming, regardless of radio type, is restricted by FCC regulations. The rules for a Harris Momentum radio with FPP will be no different than for any other portable radio with FPP regardless of brand and type, if it is not an amateur radio.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Front panel programming, regardless of radio type, is restricted by FCC regulations. The rules for a Harris Momentum radio with FPP will be no different than for any other portable radio with FPP regardless of brand and type, if it is not an amateur radio.

Okay so what about the rest? Price, programming software, etc

stebbeds

Harris Momentum

They are made by Hytera. They are the same radios with the Harris Momentum name on them. Now they are a very good radio. seem to hold up very well. they are front panel programmable. All you have to do it check the box in the drop down menu when programming with the CPS. They are hard to come by but you can get the Hytera Portable model PD782 and the mobile Model MD782 very easy and at a good price. If you look on ebay they go from 300 to 800 dollars. The model you are asking about is a Hytera x1p. Also I have a brand new one for sale it a UHF model. PM me if you want more info.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
They are made by Hytera. They are the same radios with the Harris Momentum name on them. Now they are a very good radio. seem to hold up very well. they are front panel programmable. All you have to do it check the box in the drop down menu when programming with the CPS. They are hard to come by but you can get the Hytera Portable model PD782 and the mobile Model MD782 very easy and at a good price. If you look on ebay they go from 300 to 800 dollars. The model you are asking about is a Hytera x1p. Also I have a brand new one for sale it a UHF model. PM me if you want more info.

Thanks and PM Sent

N4KVE

I own a Harris HDP150. Same as Hytera PD782, but it required specific Harris CPS. But My radio was flashed with Hytera FW, so it now works with Hytera CPS. Great radio that does FPP. I have never seen another one.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I originally had the Harris/Hytera radio that Gary now has. As already mentioned they are great radios but getting ahold of the CPS was a royal huge pain in the a$$. I was able to get an older version (v4) from a dealer but couldn't find anything newer. I grew impatient to a found a way to trick the radio into taking a Hytera firmware update and everything was golden after that. So my word of advice... unless it's a great deal, just get a Hytera.

N4KVE

I originally had the Harris/Hytera radio that Gary now has. As already mentioned they are great radios but getting ahold of the CPS was a royal huge pain in the a$$. I was able to get an older version (v4) from a dealer but couldn't find anything newer. I grew impatient to a found a way to trick the radio into taking a Hytera firmware update and everything was golden after that. So my word of advice... unless it's a great deal, just get a Hytera.
Yup, I got the radio from Forts. Great guy to deal with. By the way, my friend who works for Hytera tried to "trick" a brand new Harris radio with Hytera FW, & it wouldn't work. I guess something was changed to prevent this from happening. My radio from Forts is a real conversation piece, as they are extremely rare in the ham radio community.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Yup, I got the radio from Forts. Great guy to deal with. By the way, my friend who works for Hytera tried to "trick" a brand new Harris radio with Hytera FW, & it wouldn't work. I guess something was changed to prevent this from happening. My radio from Forts is a real conversation piece, as they are extremely rare in the ham radio community.

Well.. Thing is.. Connect Plus/Capacity is proprietary as far as I know for Tier 3 trunking. In all honesty too that's really where my interest is now. I have a the Tytera MD-380 for tiers 1 and 2 and love it. Best money to China well spent.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Don't know, but they seem to have excellent customer service.

Yeah can't pass up that offer!! Own one of these radios already!! Their great for the price. Hopefully Hytera/Harris and or Motorola will offer a more budget friendly model too with free CPS

DisasterGuy

Just to clarify, while the HW is the same as the Hytera, Harris is applying custom firmware. Expect to see the HDR100 units support native IP connectivity to Harris VIDA in the not too distant future.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.