• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need Help Selling 144 Harris P7300 & 11 New Harris M7300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseyebids

I recently purchased a Harris Opensky system that included:

144 Harris P7300 Portable Radios 700/800 MHz SYSGRP # 65535 TRKSYS # 255 Features 01 09 10 23 25 33 and Opensky Feature

11 New Harris M7300 Mobile Radios can't read features but did find Harris ticket in one that indicates they have EDACS & P25 Trunking

250+ Harris M803 Opensky Mobile Radios

and hundreds if not thousands of parts new and used accessories, speaker mics, etc.

It is the complete system. Used for a 365 mile stretch of river.

Does anyone have a contact with anyone that could possible buy the entire system I was planning on selling piece by piece on ebay, But was not expecting it to be so much equipment it takes 1/4 of my small warehouse space.

Any help would be great.

Thanks I can provide pictures if needed.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Nice problem to have!

I don't have an answer for you, except that there are some commercial radio resellers that might be interested except they're going to shaft you on the price they pay for your radios.

I suggest you try listing your radios in lots of various sizes. Lot of 10, and a lot of 5, and a lot of 3, a pair, and one each, all at the same time. Just relist any time one of the lots sells.

I suggest you bundle radios with accessories as much as possible. Selling accessories separately can be disappointing and hardly worth the trouble, but they can enhance the sale value of the radios by enough to be worth doing.

SkippyJ

Might be able to help you to find a home. Let you a message at your place of business phone.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Put a few of each on here ( Classified Section) and possibly EBay as well ( make eBay a bid style with a buyout price) Mark them at a reasonable ( not too low) of a price and see how they sell. If they move fast I would say then go for it to sell the rest this way. Like another user here has mentioned you could sell them to radio resellers like EDACSRADIOS and such, but do expect to get real lowball prices from them. That is always expected, cause let's face it they need to turn a profit too in resales. Just like anything used, but in good condition your money will be in private sales. Just need a good market for the potential buyers.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
You might check out New London or FMR-Inc, they are about as close to a factory outlet as you get I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.