RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Harris / MA/COM / GE / Ericsson Forum

Harris / MA/COM / GE / Ericsson Forum - For general discussion of MA/COM EDACS and ProVoice systems, including equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2018, 8:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhooten View Post
Rarely seen in the wild, Motorola did do SP versions of the Astro Saber and trunking Maxtrac (I think, it has been awhile) for a government contract that would do EDACS.
Allegedly. No one has ever produced proof that such a thing exists.
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2018, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhooten View Post
Rarely seen in the wild, Motorola did do SP versions of the Astro Saber and trunking Maxtrac (I think, it has been awhile) for a government contract that would do EDACS.

No, they did not. That RUMOR has been going around FOREVER but nobody has ever come up with a single example of such a radio and Motorola's own staff has categorically denied that such a product was ever developed.

It did not happen. I'll give you two yeti pelts and a unicorn horn for physical proof or verified documentation of the existence of such a thing.
Old 11-08-2018, 5:35 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElroyJetson View Post
No, they did not. That RUMOR has been going around FOREVER but nobody has ever come up with a single example of such a radio and Motorola's own staff has categorically denied that such a product was ever developed.

It did not happen. I'll give you two yeti pelts and a unicorn horn for physical proof or verified documentation of the existence of such a thing.
Can I have a unicorn horn, please

Sent from my 5049Z using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2018, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElroyJetson View Post

I conceed. Called the retired moto engineer that I've dealt with in the past. He said "no it was LTR not EDACS."

There, happy now?

ps: I knew I read it somewhere. https://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=13175

I read it on the internet, so it must be true.

Last edited by jhooten; 11-08-2018 at 6:31 PM..
Old 11-08-2018, 7:17 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by riccom View Post
Can I have a unicorn horn, please

I don't need the horn, but front brake calipers and a turn signal switch would be super.
Old 11-09-2018, 1:32 AM

LTR, I believe. In fact I remember that there were some models of Motorola radios that formally supported LTR trunking. They were never common but they did exist.
Old 11-09-2018, 2:44 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Elroy I had a 550-xls vhf that did the ltr, I had it following the Yazoo city/county system here in Mississippi. i miss that radio wish I could get another one

Tags
apx, harris, motorola, non-affiliate