Dog The Bounty Hunter Radio's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/5.0.019802/20.2477; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Well they look like motorola
cp200 's to me. At least the ones i saw i think UHF too.

bradpradio7420

Premium Subscriber
i have seen him using a couple different types of radios,it depends on what season your watching and what state they are working in. they use uhf Motorola CP200's and i some type of UHF KENWOODs that im not sure of the model. i have no idea what frequencies they use , and i bet they dont want anybody to know. i bet they probably use some form of encryption to!! i know i would if i was doing that kind of work..

WISCOMM

For this season they switched from Motorola CP200 to the Motorola MotoTRBO series. Likely UHF, Likely not licensed.

The MotoTRBO series has a very distinctive PTT ID.

Craig

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
For this season they switched from Motorola CP200 to the Motorola MotoTRBO series. Likely UHF, Likely not licensed.

The MotoTRBO series has a very distinctive PTT ID.

Craig

Very nice equipment for a very worthless show! :(
n9zas

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Sure, we all love to watch white trash on the television. Jesus, what a guy. I must admit, he has fine taste in women. She is so sophisticated and refined. How in the hell does he find anything with that hair?

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I bet those mammary glands are headed toward the floor at a rapid pace. Oh, and I love the makeup. She reminds me of those on the 700 Club or that Jim Baker cutty with the Texas Hair and dripping mascara. Praise the Lord!

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Would the frequencies not be one of those catch all UHF frequencies the Motorola Spirits used to use? The one's that used a color dot code.
I've tried the Simplex IDEN radios that are at 900 Mhz and they are poor. I all heard the simplex Turbo radios are called Motorola terrible:)
I just call Baby Lyssa on her cell.

SCPD

QRT
Yes, I bet those mammary glands are headed toward the floor at a rapid pace. Oh, and I love the makeup. She reminds me of those on the 700 Club or that Jim Baker cutty with the Texas Hair and dripping mascara. Praise the Lord!
Profile: [Ensnared] Location: Waco, Texas)
Ironic commentary from someone whose probably a Branch Davidian descendant! ;) Dog & Family do have a unique ministry!

Last edited:

emtprt

Premium Subscriber
Dog

I have worked a few movie/TV sets through the years.
The radios that are used for/during production are often rented from a local dealer. The prop (dummy radios) are dead units and have blanked out commercial labels.
The production companies do have their own radios and are licensed for multiple locations or nationally.

During one movie shoot an assistant approached me and asked to borrow my HT1000 for a scene. I was unable to donate the department's radio but a quick call to my supervisor helped out the movie crew fullfill the request.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
I can appretiate the point of view of the movie industry unless a company has paid to have their radio shown. I don't think they could get away with dunmmy radios in the Dog show because (and I hate to use the term) of the reality type of show it is. It would be like COPS using dummy radios.

I don't think Dog worries to much about his low powered portables as far as how secure they are. His customers/clients are probably tuned in to Honolulu PD on Provoice and by the time Dog hits their close call it's to late. Never have herard him lecture his catches on the morality of monitoring a scanner found in their home.

Status
Not open for further replies.