On Maui nothing on my HP1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sybex7254

And you won't hear much on Maui using zip codes to program the scanner as none of the TRS' in the database actually have much/any traffic on them yet.

Maui Police, Fire & EMS as well as Public Works uses an old LTR Multinet TRS and it can only be monitored by programming in the channels in conventional mode and no way to scan if the conversation moves to another channel (although it normally stays on the same channel 85% of the time). The P25 400Mhz channels in the DB...I've never heard a peep on. My guess is they are just I/O channels. Their new P25 TRS in the 800Mhz range is up but no real activity yet. Things happen in Hawaii very slowly so it will be some time before they migrate over is my guess.

These threads have some additional information helpful to listening to Maui:

http://forums.radioreference.com/hawaii-radio-discussion-forum/291753-monitoring-police-kona.html

http://forums.radioreference.com/ha...00743-what-forum-has-more-hawaii-traffic.html

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
In Maui this week using a BCD996XT and imported all of the Maui LTR Multi Net frequencies into one group and put a ZERO second channel hold. This helps for the frequency to drop and find it on another conventional frequency. Yes but the majority of the conversation follows on the same frequency most of the time.

There are a hand full of the frequencies that seem to have an open mic at all times. I just lock them out since you can not scan all of the Maui frequencies unless you lock them out.

Saw the Maui fire guys in the grocery store using those old EF Johnson Radios. Old School for sure but its normal for them I guess. But I have scanned mostly all of the public safety bands and I am not able to find anything except on the 800 mhz public safety band.

Status
Not open for further replies.