Lafayette HA-600A Need Manual and Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrvan89

Just recently acquired Lafayette HA-600A with matching HE-48C speaker like I had 40 years ago. I need a HA600A manual for reference. I see several HA600 out on the web, but not the HA600A that is different.

I have 2 issues, the 3 dial lights are out, I took out 2 of the 3 bulbs that were there and none had a reference number. They are round head and small, 12V I would assume. Does anyone have the correct bulb number for replacement.

Also, no signal improvement when antenna connected to external screw on back. I get stations very weak woth nothing attached. If I get close to the radio or touch the front metal tuner knob and/or the bandspread knob the signal level is excellent across all bands. The is antenna tuning coil it appears near the back antenna connecter, I wonder if it broken or messed up? Any idea's?

Any help appreciated. Will pay postage and copy fee if anyone has a manual that I could get a copy of.

Tom

fleef

Kristin Cavazos Phoenix Arizona
Premium Subscriber
Just recently acquired Lafayette HA-600A with matching HE-48C speaker like I had 40 years ago. I need a HA600A manual for reference. I see several HA600 out on the web, but not the HA600A that is different.

I have 2 issues, the 3 dial lights are out, I took out 2 of the 3 bulbs that were there and none had a reference number. They are round head and small, 12V I would assume. Does anyone have the correct bulb number for replacement.

Also, no signal improvement when antenna connected to external screw on back. I get stations very weak woth nothing attached. If I get close to the radio or touch the front metal tuner knob and/or the bandspread knob the signal level is excellent across all bands. The is antenna tuning coil it appears near the back antenna connecter, I wonder if it broken or messed up? Any idea's?

Any help appreciated. Will pay postage and copy fee if anyone has a manual that I could get a copy of.

Tom

Have you been to Antique Radio Forums • Index page yet? I have seen Lafayettes listed there, do a look around and someone there can most likely help you. There is another site (youre going to have to search on the antique radio site yourself in the forums for it though, I can't remember the url) called "nostalgia air" or something, where they have the old manuals and schematics. Good luck

mrvan89

Thank you. I was hoping to get for one less than $17 and $9 postage. I do have this page if I can't get one cheper.

mrvan89

Thank you. I got the S-Meter bulb replaced with #53 and 1 of the side bulbs working with #1815. Still need to get the one on left side behind the cords and tuner weights.

The signal improved with the replacement of the 2 bulbs. Don't know if ground or something was loose or maybe the bulb sockets weren't grounded until I reset the holders? The signal seems to back up to par, what I was expecting. Still need to get external wire up in the room.

A little cleaner on the "pot's" also got them static free and working better.

I did get block diagram, so that was helpful. Will keep you posted once all work is done.

mrvan89

Final note on this one for now. After getting block diagram, I was able to get the dial lights back running, using #53 for the 2 at each end of the dial, and #1815 for the S-Meter. Cleaner for the pots and they are static free now.

As for the weak signal, when the bulbs were replaced and finally working the signal returned to normal also with external antenna. There were some small metal plates inside the light socket holder that must not have been on the right side. Where I returned the 1st - 2 bulbs for the S-Meter and 1 side the signal returned. Must have been a grounding issues since I see the bulbs were right off the power transformer area.

I am now pleased with my recent purchase and real to do some DX'ing on it. Thanks to the folks in the forum.

TOM

Status
Not open for further replies.