No room on your desk....

Status
Not open for further replies.

majoco

Stirrer
No room on your desk....part 2

Real Estate required for desktop computer....not a Pipo....!

Last edited:

majoco

Stirrer
....for a desktop computer, display, keyboard etc...

....then try a Pipo! A proper computer in a tiny box. No, it's not a tablet, runs Windows 8 and Android, though not at the same time of course! Here's it is running the Winradio G33DDC, stereo sound, 4 USB ports, SD cards, runs on a 12v external supply so you can run it in your car. The wall wart supplied was a switch mode which made a lot of noise on the HF radio but a linear supply works well. Excellent screen, although it's tiny, it displays at 1280x800 pixels.

Google for Pipo X8.

Last edited:

k9rzz

Half the fun for me is flipping switches and twisting knobs.
icon10.gif

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Is there a Winbox version and an Android version, or will the same box run either?

I wonder how difficult it would be to install some variant of Linux?

Sent via Tapatalk

majoco

Stirrer
Same box runs either - on both screens there is an icon to get you to the other screen. Linux? Sorry, not a clue!

I used "Classic Shell" to get back to a proper desktop screen so that I have all my icons where I want them and it looks like all my other desktops, even though I'm running Win XPsp3, Win7 and now Win8!

majoco

Stirrer
I use the SDR to spot signals in the HF spectrum as they pop up, then go and tune them on one of three 'proper' receivers - a JRC NRD515, a Debeg 7313 and a Kenwood R2000 all on the same OCFD through an amplified multicoupler. JB's "Station List" allows me to identify the station as it pops up or tune directly to any frequency with one mouse click to see if it's active.

As far as I'm concerned I have the best of both worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.