Ok need some help am dxer in need of help this is only receiver could score

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfflunki

Ok guys I scored a Yamaha t-500 tuner in near perfect shape. and it does really well on am. with original antenna as good as a stock portable .so the thing I'm asking is would it be beneficial to find a Ccrane tca.and like I said I can't afford a high priced over 150 dollar Radio that is gonna last so please don't recommend any radios . I have gone over it for the last 6 months since my superradio bit it after 8 years so unless you can find whatever the newest ccradio 2 version for 100 bucks that's digital please refrain.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

ridgescan

Whats up HF! Hey that thing has longwave too. 155-353kHz. You might be getting some beacons on it-I wonder if it has a built in LW loop too?
And in MW it only goes to 1620kHz but there aint much missed there. I looked on ebay and they want at least $100 for a CCrane twin coil. Too expensive in my opinion but maybe worth it for your hobby?

Boombox

Don't really understand the question, whether you want suggestions or not. CCranes have a good rep on MW.

hfflunki

Well the other option is a grundig loop there cheap if you can find them I've also been messing with rtl-Sdrs for adsb there cheap but I really like this tuner so ya a Ccrane may be a bit much

hfflunki

I plan on getting a terk if i can ive found they make the bedst loops

Last edited:

hfflunki

I really dont know anything about fm thers a 300ohm connection on the back any help witthat would be cool also doesany one know were i can find a good rack setup for a tuner it would have to slide in

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you have some skills and the necessary tools, why not make your own loop? There are TONS of plans on the net, and I wouldn't doubt that the IRCA or the NRC has a few of their own as well.

Mike

hfflunki

Well Mike I understating and I am not handy and don't have carpertenrss tools my dad made me a nice 80 meter loop and it crushed into itself it was a 2' not 4' workeed great for dxing I used enameled magnet wire on it or litz

WA8ZTZ

If you don't want to homebrew a loop then you may want to try the Grundig AN200 loop, inexpensive and does a fairly good job on my various portables.

Boombox

I would get any factory made loop (Terk, Eton/Grundig AN200, etc., & even a Select-A-Tenna) and use it by setting it near the tuner's AM antenna.

hfflunki

as all of you may know i have been trying to get some gear and today on my 33rd my dad showed up with a aor mini i plan on using for swl and airband and a pr-d5 for mwdx thanks dad

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

N8IAA

as all of you may know i have been trying to get some gear and today on my 33rd my dad showed up with a aor mini i plan on using for swl and airband and a pr-d5 for mwdx thanks dad

Be careful on how much antenna you use with the AOR Mini.
Larry

ridgescan

Hope you had a great birthday HF:)
Good ol' dad for the win! Nice gift dad! Enjoy it in good health buddy.

hfflunki

the mini stayin stock it actually realy does well on swl and i plan on using idt for that and the weather feels like its gonna be a good time to work out the d5 this weekend it will be fun .thanks for the birthday wishes and 73

Status
Not open for further replies.