Icom R75 antenna connector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the correct place for this question, but I'll ask anyway. I purchased an Icom r75 and was wondering if I would need a coax or adapter to hook up the antenna to it. I'm looking at buying the EF-SWL antenna, from the pictures it looks like it will require a piece to connect the two. Would anyone know what item I would need to get the radio connected to this antenna?

https://www.lnrprecision.com/store/EF-SWL-Shortwave-p39885474

This is the antenna ^

ICOM IC-R75 Product Reviews

This is the radio^

Couldn't find a great view of the back of the unit.

Thanks for any help,
Ryan

rivardj

Premium Subscriber
Use 50 ohm Coaxial Cable with a PL-259 on Each End

The antenna you specify and the Icom receiver each have a SO-239 connector. All you will need is an appropriate length of 50 ohm coax cable with a PL-259 connector on each end. The length and type of 50 ohm coax cable will be determined by the physical installation parameters at your location.

Ok, that makes sense. From the looks of that it looks like what I used for my CB radio antenna, so the coax would have two male ends, correct?

rivardj

Premium Subscriber
Two male ends, correct.

The length will be determined by the distance from the receiver antenna jack to where the UV resistant matchbox that houses a wideband 9:1 transformer is mounted outside your building. RG-58 or RG-8X would be good choices for the type of coax assuming the cable length is not super long.

Status
Not open for further replies.