Pixel Technologies Magnetic Loop Antenna RF PRO-1A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
:( If anyone like me was thinking about buying a Pixel Technologies Magnetic Loop Antenna RF PRO-1A and you live in Canada don't bother, they cannot export the antenna to Canada.
Steve

brandon

Database Admin
That is a bummer to hear. I received mine on Monday (only took a couple days to ship!) and hope to do some testing in the next few days. The build quality is outstanding, packaged very well and they give you everything needed to get up and running. I only had a brief chance to play with it using a temporary setup with my laptop and SDR in the backyard but so far I am very impressed. I'll report back in the next few days when I can compare side-by-side with the Wellbrook ALA1530.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Loop Antenna

That is a bummer to hear. I received mine on Monday (only took a couple days to ship!) and hope to do some testing in the next few days. The build quality is outstanding, packaged very well and they give you everything needed to get up and running. I only had a brief chance to play with it using a temporary setup with my laptop and SDR in the backyard but so far I am very impressed. I'll report back in the next few days when I can compare side-by-side with the Wellbrook ALA1530.

Yea a real let down, I was going to order one today and have them ship it, I guess I will have to think about ordering one from Wellbrook I talked to them about the ALA1530 and I guess I will have to get one of those Loops.
Steve

ridgescan

What if Brandon:D ordered one for ya and then reshipped it to you and you could pay him? Or somebody here in the States you know? Anyways the Wellbrook kicks ass so you're still winning.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Customs

What if Brandon:D ordered one for ya and then reshipped it to you and you could pay him? Or somebody here in the States you know? Anyways the Wellbrook kicks ass so you're still winning.

I don't know if there will be a issue with customs and don't want to play games with them, I did not ask why they will not ship the antenna but it has to do with export/import regulations and I don't want to mess with customs when it arrives at the border and have it confiscated.
Steve

ridgescan

Wow that sucks. They must have really tightened up at that border and probably for good reasons:( THANKS 3RD WORLD SCUM for wrecking our freedom:mad:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Reason Why They Can Not Ship To Canada

Well I was sitting her thinking if I don't find out why they will not ship this antenna to Canada I won't be able to sleep tonight, and also I started this thread with my post so the least I can do for you Guys/Girls is find out the answer to the million dollar question.

Million Dollars Question is = Why won't they Ship this Antenna to Canada !

Answer is =
:roll: The dimensions of the package are too large for international postal transit.

:lol: Now I can sleep tonight.
Steve

ridgescan

Well I was sitting her thinking if I don't find out why they will not ship this antenna to Canada I won't be able to sleep tonight, and also I started this thread with my post so the least I can do for you Guys/Girls is find out the answer to the million dollar question.

Million Dollars Question is = Why won't they Ship this Antenna to Canada !

Answer is =
:roll: The dimensions of the package are too large for international postal transit.

:lol: Now I can sleep tonight.
Steve
I still hate the 3rd world-can't even watch jets take off at SFO anymore without getting two crown vics buzzing around you-gees how big is that package anyways? The Wellbrook-is it smaller?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Loop

I still hate the 3rd world-can't even watch jets take off at SFO anymore without getting two crown vics buzzing around you-gees how big is that package anyways? The Wellbrook-is it smaller?

:roll:Yep, Unbelievable, we live in the 21ST Century and they can't mail a 1 meter diameter loop across the border, I guess they can't find a big enough truck to put it in, or the horse they are going to use to deliver it can't handle the weight of the package. I'll try and find a friend in Buffalo NY to mail it to and go over and pick it up, I live across the border from Buffalo NY :lol: I could get some one with a strong arm just to through the loop across the Niagara River too me. :mad: Talk about pathetic.
Steve

brandon

Database Admin
The Wellbrook ships naked, where the Pixel was in a large box.
I am getting coax today so can get the Pixel connected up to the shack.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Loop Antenna

The Wellbrook ships naked, where the Pixel was in a large box.
I am getting coax today so can get the Pixel connected up to the shack.

Brandon if it's not to much trouble could you when you have some time give me the dimensions of the box the Antenna came in and how much it weighed.
Thanks Steve

Darto

HI,

Branden, or anybody, where can this antenna be purchased online to American buyers???

I have been unable to find it offered for sale at any retail shortwave site.

I did see one go on Ebay (for about $300) a few weeks ago.

DPD1

That's true... Your max girth for PO is 108". So that would be well outside that. On any other shipping service, you're talking about hundreds of dollars. So that's why they can't do it. So the only way they can do it is import a large amount by ship.

DShurick

Pixel RF PRO-1A Now shipping internationally

Just received the following from Brian at Pixel: "Pixel has just introduced an international model that breaks down into two pieces for assembly by the user which makes its international shipping cost lower than the Wellbrook because it all fits into a 40 “ x 26” X 3” box. They provide DC power supplies for Europe, Japan and North America with this model."

Status
Not open for further replies.