Voice of Russia Launches New U.S. Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimepage

Voice of Russia Radio Launches New U.S. Stations, Delivering Russian News & Perspective to Americans

Washington D.C. Station Announces Launch with Panel Discussion Focusing on the Changing Face of Public Diplomacy in Russia - U.S. Relations

WASHINGTON -- The Voice of Russia (VOR) Radio announces two U.S. stations: 1430 AM New York and 1390 AM Washington, D.C. marking the first time VOR will produce programming and broadcast directly from the United States rather than broadcasting news from the Moscow-based radio program. Leading up to Russia Day, a day of national celebrating commemorating the Declaration of State Sovereignty of the Russia Federation, VOR is hosting a panel discussion with U.S.-Russian diplomacy experts on Thursday, June 9, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.

k9rzz

Here's their Wiki:

WZHF is an AM radio station licensed to Arlington, Virginia, serving Metro Washington. WZHF is owned and operated by Way Broadcasting. It currently relays the the English language service of the Voice of Russia. Before March 2011, it was a Spanish Contemporary station. In the 1960s and 1970s, it was a Top 40 radio station called WEAM. For a time in the 1990s it retransmitted the programming of WMZQ, an FM station in Washington, DC.

- - -

Good to note, because someone is going to invariably say "I just heard Russia on 1390!!".

Jimepage

lol you know they will and I heard beijing hour on of cri on Am the other morning for the first time I was freaked out for a min then I realized they actually simulcast on a few am stations

Status
Not open for further replies.