Global Tuners new website

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Some of you might know of Global Tuners - one of several websites that host remote receivers from around the world. They have made some extensive changes which they announced in a newsletter that subscribers got some time back, but I thought I might share with the membership - partially because it seems someone is copying the structure RadioReference and Broadcastify uses to some degree...if this needs to be moved, then someone speak up and I'll move it
---------------------------------------------
NEW WEBSITE AND RECEIVER INTERFACE

We have just released our brand-new website. Our website is now faster, and makes better use of modern, larger screens.

We have also deployed new technologies in developing our new receiver interface. The receiver interface will now work with most mobile devices (Android, iOS). The interface has a simpler, cleaner look and feel, more user friendly, with optimum functionality. The old
interfaces are still available, but we want to phase these out eventually. Many other new features and refinements are in the works for our new interface.

NEW PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP AVAILABLE

GlobalTuners now offers the option of choosing our premium membership. With your premium membership you will get access to a website with no advertisements (faster still!). We will soon add additional features, which will only be available to premium members. We will be having some new and returning receiver sites that will only be available to premium members. With a premium member status, you will be helping
support our site-operators who share their own equipment and resources, as well as supporting further development of the GlobalTuners Network. We will be investing in new equipment for some special locations and sites. Right now we are offering the premium
membership at a special introduction price. However, we wish to stress that the majority of our receiver sites will remain FREE. So, if you choose, this is a nice way to help us build a better network, and get some good perks at the same time. Please take a look at
GlobalTuners - On-line remotely controlled tuners for more information and ordering. Your support is greatly appreciated.

INTEGRATED FREQUENCY DATABASES

We have more closely integrated the Global Frequency Database
(http://qrg.globaltuners.com), providing station identification in the receiver interface (the database will be improved over time).

RECEIVERS

We are actively expanding our receiver selection. We are bringing new sites and returning some old sites to the network.

We are experimenting with SDR receivers to further expand our network We already have some SDR receivers online. With the new SDR receiver technology, it will be possible for many more receivers to come online at lower costs in the future.

Recent and upcoming new receiver sites and returning sites include Goiana (Brazil), Oldenwald (Germany), Breda SDR (The Netherlands), Las Vegas, Japan, Chesterfield (United Kingsom) as well as Philadelphia.

So, as you can see, GlobalTuners has many exciting changes still coming. We hope you enjoy your listening time here. GlobalTuners is a shared receiver site, and our support team endeavors to keep our network a pleasant place to spend your time. It works best when all our listeners have mutual respect. We here at GlobalTuners, our site-operators, listeners, we all are hobbyists with the love of radio.

Keep in touch with GlobalTuners on Facebook as well as Twitter, join
us at https://www.facebook.com/GlobalTuners and
https://twitter.com/GlobalTuners

------------------------------------------------------

This network, along with the SDR Radio and Perseus ones, are fairly popular and are often used by DXers to check out signals they can't normally hear due to propagation or other issues.

Mike

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
The new site looks like complete garbage.....

THEY TOTALLY RUINED THE NICE COLOURFUL DESIGN KELLY HAD ON THERE (The original owner).......

ITS A PLAIN./UGLY WHITE PIECE OF CRAP NOW!!! (The latest is even worse)

k9rzz

As long as the radios work. Which is more important: listening to the radios or looking at a pretty website? :^) On the other hand, I did listen to a couple of the recorded audio clips which ARE complete crap. Horrible! Use better bit rates rather than shoot for smaller, more compressed files. The CHU clips are 'okay', but might I suggest using the BEST clips they can get, not just "a" clip of each station? Just a thought.

Last edited:

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Well the radios loaded before WITHOUT SCRIPTS ENABLED and now they do not....

IT WAS MUCH BETTER BEFORE!!!

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I tried several tuners and all of the audio stream options and do not receive any audio. I'm using a Mac with Safari and Firefox browsers. It does work using Windows 7.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
I figured out how to get the radios to load WITHOUT SCRIPTS like I could do when Kelly owned it.... (Then I choose 'LOW QUALITY' on the applet so its even better)

I use the flash applets (Classic) as they work the best for me..... And the audio is good also (Im glad they didnt change that!!)

Last edited:

BaofengScanner

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The new site looks like complete garbage.....

THEY TOTALLY RUINED THE NICE COLOURFUL DESIGN KELLY HAD ON THERE (The original owner).......

ITS A PLAIN./UGLY WHITE PIECE OF CRAP NOW!!! (The latest is even worse)

What really sucks is the whole paid member only receivers

BaofengScanner

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I may agree with you. Please ship me your radio as I would like to use it for a while. Please include a pre-paid return shipping label. Thank you.

Sure, Actually I'm visiting SoCal this month so I'll just hand deliver it since the discone and tower is big. :p

Seriously tho you can just use it now remotely from my web server though free, fail sarcasm xD

Status
Not open for further replies.