REE is back....

Status
Not open for further replies.

majoco

Stirrer
Translated by Google...

On Thursday December 18 Radio Exterior de Spain begins again shortwave broadcasting
Club S500

17 Dec 2014 - Thanks to all / as the / those who have helped to make this important breakthrough occurred. Thanks to all who with his signature, his support and his words from this space have pressured to do so. Thanks to the Platform in Defense of the Short Wave Radio Exterior of Spain that has made possible with their invaluable and tireless work that policymakers finally been able to verify that Radio Exterior and service shortwave broadcasting is not something minority.

This victory we have achieved is not something common in this turbulent period we live. These foolish decisions bypassing the people and destroying everything are usually taken. Here we played something vital, as was the dismantling of the Issuer Center REE in Noblejas, which had already begun to do, and which if consummated would have been irreversible. This return to the airwaves of REE is not our ideal. Our goal is that shortwave broadcasts REE again be the ones were, but we welcome that Noblejas continue standing and throwing waves REE air.

For all the naysayers who are responsible for the ears warm them these politicians today saying that shortwave has no audience and what works is internet, here is proof that they are wrong from beginning to end. Collecting signatures on this page and the Platform in Defense of the Short Wave Radio Exterior of Spain have been commissioned to demonstrate that emissions are global REE outside monitoring, as we have collected signatures from all over the world, and all sectors, from the fishing industry, through listeners to up to international aid, and also people around the world looking for news and information about Spain and have no other means to access them that the radio.

Internet is the medium of radio, radio waves are the future of radio.

Frequency and timing of emissions on shortwave REE on his return:

In 19-23 hours (U.T.C.) Monday through Friday
In 15-23 hours (U.T.C.) weekends

rtve.es 12/17/2014 - 13: 19h

Radio Exterior of Spain emits its programming from 19 to 23 hours, Coordinated Universal Time, Monday through Friday and 15-23 on Saturdays and Sundays. Broadcast frequencies and coverage areas are:

- Africa and South Atlantic, 11,685 Khz band of 25 meters.
- South America, 11,940 Khz, range 25 meters.
- North America, 9,620 kHz, and 31 meter band.
-. Middle East and Indian 12.030 Khz, 25 meter band

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As I understand it, the loudest outcry over the closing of REE came from fishermen and captains of cruisers who didn't like / couldn't afford using satellite services.

Mike

Boombox

According to the Spanish reports earlier this month, that was the main motivator -- about 1500 or so Spanish fishermen and mariners in the Atlantic and off the west coast of S. America complained because apparently REE was their most dependable information source from the home country.

Nice to see their government responding positively. I'll have to tune in and see if I can still catch the transmissions -- I haven't tuned the SW bands in about three weeks....

majoco

Stirrer
Pity that they are now the wrong time of day for me. They used to be on 24/7 but now they broadcast in the morning (my time) the propagation just ain't right! :(

Boombox

The 31 and 25 meter bands won't work in the morning in your location, Majoco?

majoco

Stirrer
There is somebody there on 11685kHz at 1910z buried under the noise but I can't even say what language it's in, never mind what they're saying! It's now 0815local in bright sunlight and 20C/68F! I need a higher frequency!
I used to get them in the 49m band (6125kHz?) in the later afternoon on the grey line S9+10dB!

Status
Not open for further replies.