? about Multiple Frequencies for a station and QSL Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

culcuhain

Good evening!
Generally speaking does one ask for a QSL card from a station per frequency or is it one per Station? I am just curious what is the norm. :) Thanks!

ridgescan

My personal opinion is, since you need to give the time, frequency you heard them on, signal strength, and the content you heard at the time, generally you're after a card for one station on one frequency to put on the wall.
If you hear them on more than one frequency at the same time, you would need to give signal strength reports for each one. I figure that would be too much for them to respond to with one card.
Just my opinion.

culcuhain

Thank you. That is what I was thinking.
Well I did receive my first QSL Card today.... from WINB. It will go on the wall!
I did get my SWL Callsign too! WA5079SWL. I enjoyed listening to the music on Radio Havana while feeding my 14mo tonight.

k9rzz

The exception might be for someone like WWV. I've got a card from the late '70s that says "All 5 frequencies" (2.5, 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 mhz) in a 20 minute time frame. That was cool for the longest time 'cuz they dropped 25mhz for decades. Now 25mhz is back and my card is another dime a dozen card. :^p I think I've got a WWVH card that says 2.5 through 20 mhz

culcuhain

Thank you. That isn't a bad idea to send in the request all at once for the dates and times I picked up the multiple frequencies. Thanks!! I am pretty new to the whole QSL thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.