Pacific music

Status
Not open for further replies.

VK2GEL

Gday, am looking for medium wave or HF stations that might broadcast western style music receivable in the Pacific please?

Have only found 590 AM from Hawaii that fits the bill so far.

Thanks, Grant

ridgescan

The VOA plays a lot of our stuff to Africa and Asia. Good old Larry London:)
Have a look into the programming here
Broadcast Programs - VOA News
NHK Japan also has a lot of love for our music-much moreso than we seem to here. But I can not find a specific American music program in their schedule. I do know that I sometimes hear our jazz and old school tunes in my morning around 1300-1500utc.
Just chase them here
Short-Wave Frequency Schedule for BBC in ENGLISH at 16:51GMT
One more that you may be able to pull in there is WTWW out of Tennessee where they play lots of what I consider real country music usually around 0400-0700utc (roughly) on 3215kHz. Chase them in the previous link for a frequency and time you can catch them. BTW-11900kHz China Radio International is right now (1653utc) playing Neil Young on a show called "Easy FM" Hope this helped!

majoco

Stirrer
I meant 'where are you'. I thought you might be trying to receive transmitters in the Pacific! Most of the islands now have low power VHF FM frequencies, no point in warming up lots of sea water with excess power. They will rebroadcast RNZ and ABC when the studio is empty and the staff have gone home!
RNZ and ABC are targeted at the Pacific islands so you can usually find a good frequency but they often just transmit one of their domestic national stations.

VK2GEL

Thanks guys, that shortwave.info site is great.

Any other links appreciated, G

Boombox

Short-wave.info is indeed a really good site.

There are some SW broadcasters out of Malaysia (I think there are two of them left) that broadcast pop music and some rock music. I think they're on 5965, 6050, and 9835 khz. Don't know the times. They're probably on Short-wave.info, listed under RTM Malaysia or RTM.

Status
Not open for further replies.