well i dished out the cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfflunki

if anyone knows me ,they know im broke and extremlly cheap but . but this week it all came together orderd a pl880 and usmile rtl-sdr qtunnel downconverter . so imprety happy the sdr is gaurented to work on android through on the go . the pl880 i plan on using for ssb and decodeing . on thing could i get recomendations on logging software for android ill be using on a tablet

mbott

Premium Subscriber
And your impressions of the PL-880 are? I debated between the PL-880 and the PL-660 and went with the 660. Might have to add the 880 later down the road, although I really don't need another portable at this time.

Just curious about what you think.

--
Mike

hfflunki

Would not reccomend unless big mwdxer or ham swl using ssb alot i bougt it for decoding and it has been good. It is also very good at zeroing split stations on mw usig ssb.

ridgescan

Whatsup hf-how's the SWL going with the new radio-are you catching anything off the whip or are you running an external antenna? Good to see you got a new toy for the shack.

radioguy99

That is actually not a bad radio. A friend of mine has it to and he likes it. Sadly, with all the nice radios coming out these days, too bad SW is turning into complete garbage anymore. The only thing you hear anymore is most all religious programming and of course Brother Stair. I still remember first starting out listening too SW in the early 80's and there was so much to hear. I can only bet those who are older and can remember further back it was probably EVEN better.

However, those who are lucky enough to live in Europe and away from the western hemisphere have much more choices. Even Brother Stair isn't heard in Sweden.

I be curious to know how that radio does with adjacent channel rejection and how well it does in that feature.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you concentrate on English language broadcasts, yes, the selection is sadly rapidly decreasing. However if you stretch a little, you will find LOTS more than that - for example many folks specialize in Latin American DXing, which offers many very hard to hear stations from equally difficult countries.

The big boys are moving aside which clears the way for some of the smaller ones - YMMV, of course...Mike

ridgescan

Voice Of America
BBC
Deutsche Welle
R. New Zealand
R. Australia
R. Romania
Voice Of Turkey
China Radio International
Voice Of Vietnam
Voice Of Korea
WBCQ
WTTW
KNLS

are what I can still get here on a daily basis in English, depending upon propagation.
It aint over yet:)

hfflunki

Well I do mostly mW with it its great on that and I have a reel antenna caught vov last night . also bought a Ccrane ep

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

hfflunki

But I've been more into ham swl and cw decodeind trying to break into rtty and psk. I'm still mW DX ing but my logs usually are the same old stuff .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

hfflunki

ya i bought the 880 by selling 2 scanners and a 660 to universal . like i said i listen to hams and decode. ths is much better for that. if for no other reason than theres a line out . i interface with a samsung tab . for dsp audio to cw decode o other decode . if you get one buy a shieded 4.5v 700ma ac head and a tip that fits the radio take batery out when running also get a cell phone back up charger batter bank if your not at home plug any usb powered radio into one of those your golden for alot of listeng . just make sure itsone thats a batery with no real electronics.that way no interferance. i use ravepower brand

Status
Not open for further replies.