SITOR-B Software Decoders

Status
Not open for further replies.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
What are people here actually using to decode SITOR-B?

I downloaded the NAVTEX decoder (forget the name), which I understand is the same as SITOR-B.

I also upgraded to the most recent version of MultiPSK (been using MultiPSK for a long time), and now I notice it specifically has a button for SITOR-A. But not B? Which is what most UTE transmissions use?

Note: I haven't actually tried to decode any SITOR-B yet; just want to hedge my chances with the software that will most likely do it well.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
When I want to read the USCG Boston broadcasts, I usually use MixW. However, I just checked MultiPSK version 3.9, and it lists NAVTEX as one of the modes, so if you have that version you ought to be good to go.

73s Mike

Last edited:

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I'm at MultiPSK 4.4.2 (I think that's the newest), so I'll check that out that.

To confirm: NAVTEX = SITOR-B?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Close enough - as I understand it, NAVTEX has headers on each message that contains date/time stamps and originating station information. A commercial reader can check these timestamps and see if a duplicate message is being received - if it is, it's ignored.

Reading a SITOR-B signal with NAVTEX should work just fine - I'm pretty sure the protocols are the same, with that one slight difference. 73s Mike

[edit] By the way, there's a dedicated MultiPSK Yahoo group now, and Patrick is there quite frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.