RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Hytera Forum

Hytera Forum - Discussion forum for Hytera radio equipment. Questions concerning their use on amateur radio networks and frequencies belong in the Digital Voice for Amateur Radio forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2018, 12:53 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Hytera PDC760

I can't seem to find any pricing at all on the Hytera PDC760. This is a really neat looking radio that looks to be feature packed by being able to do cellular, analog, and DMR.

Hytera
Old 04-02-2018, 1:39 AM

PDC760 - terminal with LTE support. Also can work in narrawband, in analog and DMR
Old 04-07-2018, 4:55 PM

Click here for a reference
Old 05-25-2018, 2:42 PM

Is anyone using one of these?
Old 06-09-2018, 7:07 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hy_moser View Post
PDC760 - terminal with LTE support. Also can work in narrawband, in analog and DMR
Curious about this one too. Is it available in the USA yet?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
GMRS [ZA] = KAE9013 (12/1992)
Sponsored links
Old 06-10-2018, 8:02 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

>>Is it available in the USA yet?

Not in my latest catalog.
I do see this posted on the ebay listing.

'May not ship to United States'
you must be really bored to be reading this far down
Old 08-08-2018, 4:32 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Hytera source to me says radio should be available in US, September 1st, 2018
Pricing TBD, I estimate approx $1300-$1500 USD

I have it listed (with permission from Hytera) on my website
https://www.nerdworks.tech/pdc760/
Old 09-06-2018, 6:46 PM

Iíll be watching this. Checks quite a few boxes for me, and would keep me from having to tote around extra hardware. Waiting to see the final price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2018, 8:07 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Agreed, I too am very tired carrying around a cell and DMR while on-site with clients. This will be a unified solution for many problems. One thing to remember that Hytera has done that a lot of the other Chinese manufacturers have not, PDC760 supports 4W RF out on the UHF band while all others (so far) are only 2W. This is most likely to meet FCC certs for low power (2W max.) UHF operation without a license (i.e., LP business band/splinter freqs. pool). . .

I'll have to wait and see what is handed down to me, concerning the pricing on this unit. I'll keep you guys posted . . . Hytera will only allow MSRP's to be displayed on Internet, whereas, I can set my own pricing from inquiries through my website (URL, see above)

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******************
Oh! sidenote, I have a pair of PD782G-U1-MD, for sale (open box), client said there were not compatible with his Moto system (DMRA encrypt vs. Moto Privacy Plus) anyway have a look see here . . . https://www.radioreference.com/apps/...ct=9096&cat=11
Old 09-22-2018, 2:09 PM
Texas DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7plt View Post
Agreed, I too am very tired carrying around a cell and DMR while on-site with clients. This will be a unified solution for many problems. One thing to remember that Hytera has done that a lot of the other Chinese manufacturers have not, PDC760 supports 4W RF out on the UHF band while all others (so far) are only 2W. This is most likely to meet FCC certs for low power (2W max.) UHF operation without a license (i.e., LP business band/splinter freqs. pool). . .

I'll have to wait and see what is handed down to me, concerning the pricing on this unit. I'll keep you guys posted . . . Hytera will only allow MSRP's to be displayed on Internet, whereas, I can set my own pricing from inquiries through my website (URL, see above)

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******************
Oh! sidenote, I have a pair of PD782G-U1-MD, for sale (open box), client said there were not compatible with his Moto system (DMRA encrypt vs. Moto Privacy Plus) anyway have a look see here . . . https://www.radioreference.com/apps/...ct=9096&cat=11
There are no UHF channels in the US that are license free other than GMRS. And that requires a 1/2 Watt radio with a fixed (non-removable) antenna. There are a few license free channels in VHF for low power use, but none in UHF.
Old 09-22-2018, 2:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwradio View Post
There are no UHF channels in the US that are license free other than GMRS. And that requires a 1/2 Watt radio with a fixed (non-removable) antenna. There are a few license free channels in VHF for low power use, but none in UHF.
I think you are trying to say that FRS Part 95 Subpart B is 'license free', which it is. FRS users are limited to 500mW (1/2W) and is NOT GMRS, though the band is shared. Those using GMRS are required to possess a license under Part 95 Subpart A (which I believe is now, $95/10 years) and are allowed a maximum power of 50W (which is channel specific).
Old 09-22-2018, 3:24 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7plt View Post
I think you are trying to say that FRS Part 95 Subpart B is 'license free', which it is. FRS users are limited to 500mW (1/2W) and is NOT GMRS, though the band is shared. Those using GMRS are required to possess a license under Part 95 Subpart A (which I believe is now, $95/10 years) and are allowed a maximum power of 50W (which is channel specific).
I think you missed the rules change last year. FRS is now limited to 2 watts except on Channels 8-14 (1/2 watt, same as GMRS).
Old 09-22-2018, 7:46 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Actually,

Yes, thanks for the clarification! Large changes (including modulation types too) to PRS (Part 95), thank you.

FRS Channels
#1->#7 = 2W
#8->#14 = 1/2W
#15->#22= 2W

as per: https://www.fcc.gov/wireless/bureau-...io-service-frs

Last edited by k7plt; 09-22-2018 at 7:57 PM..
Old 09-22-2018, 8:43 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

VHF PDC760s are not out yet, I have a pair of UHFs on order.
MSRP is $2299.00

Dealers are not required to sell at MSRP, only to advertise at that price.
you must be really bored to be reading this far down