• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Buying to monitor commercial TRBO system

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasday

Hey guys, quick question. Instead of buying a expensive scanner just for DMR, would it be possible to program a DMR specific radio to monitor a commercial TRBO system.

My issue is that my 106 is not upgradeable for DMR and I dont have the need to upgrade to a new scanner other than wanting to monitor 1 TRBO system. With the information provided in the database, would it be possible to do what I want it to do? I saw in a older post (2015) where one of the forum members was able to do that on a DMR commercial system after obtaining all the information through DSD. I tried messaging him and have not heard back. I wasnt sure where else to put this other than a manufacturer specific forum and I have been looking at the Hytera radios for my purchase if this is possible.

jasday

Ok. IF I could find a TRBO radio, would I be able to program it as needed? I think I know the answer if they protect the TRBO programming software like the software for their public safety radios.

TheRadioGuru

Radio

Ok there are really only two ways to go about it... You can purchase yourself an updated scanner either Whistler with built in DMR or Uniden with the $40 DMR upgrade. The other way is get a MOTOTRBO or Hytera radio and enter the channels voice channels in as digital voice channels and assign them to a scan list (remember you must do both slots so program each channel twice, once for slot one and once for slot two).... then you assign all of those channels an RX list for the talkgroups you want to hear.... Hytera has psedeu trunk and would allow you to monitor both slots at the same time... A scanner is by far the best option is there is no way to program an Connect+ system as a monitor only as the system admin must add the serial number to the system controller. I work with a Connect+ system daily and have tried all methods just to see what works, the radios do miss transmissions all together at times, and often due to scan speed you will miss the first second of the transmission....

MSS-Dave

Since you're now getting into "how do I program a Motorola Connect Plus radio", you should ask that in the Motorola forum. I don't do Motorola Connect plus so I can't answer your question.

jasday

Thank you mswin_blake. I appreciate the info. So basically i can but I might as well bite the bullet. I was trying avoid spending any more than I needed to and wanted to get all the information I could before making that decision. Thank you sir.

Dont worry MSS-Dave, it wont need to go any further. I got the information I needed to make the decision of scanner vs commercial radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.