• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need help programming IC-F50 radios...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickinkz

One of our lieutenants on our fire department got a couple used ICOM IC-F50 radios from his old department a while back...I do all of the computer maintenance at our firehouse and he had issues trying to program the radios so he asked me to help. I'm able to set the buttons the way he wants and get the frequencies programmed, but he wants them to be set up as pagers also. Could someone explain to me how or where in the software those settings are? I have the tones, thought I had them set in the right spot, but when our test page goes off, I get nothing...his dad, who used to be the chief at his last FD had them programmed as pagers so it has to be possible...

Thanks!
Phil

grumps96

Hi Brother, In the software along the top find the model section, you have to be in LMR (2 Tone) If you were not in that mode when you programed the frequencies then you will have to start all over again! Then you have two places to enter data, one is on the individual channel, and the other is further down in 2 tone.
From there I hope you can figure it out, because as far as the paging entry I really can't tell you aymore then I have.

stevelton

If you already know the A tone and B Tone, then enter that information in the "2 Tone" folder in the software.

Give it a name, and set that tone set to have the type of beep you what (PiPi, or PiPo/R) etc.and how ofter you want the beep to repeat.

Once you have the tones set in the 2 Tone folder, then go back to your MR Channel folder, and find the channel you want to add the tone alert to.

On the line with the channel you want, scroll over to the right and you will see where you can add a check mark on the 2-tone RX column for the tone set you want.

Just to the left of the 2-tone RX field, you will see the column labeled CH Mute. This is so you can set the channel to receive all audio all the time ( OR ), or set it to stay quiet until the matching tone set is transmitted on the channel , and then the mute will release and you can hear the message being paged (AND).

If you want the radio to reset itself after a certain period of time, in the common folder find the Auto reset Timer A, and change that timer to whatever you want (default is 30 seconds).
Back in the memory channel, change the column there to be set on Timer A.

If you dont want the radio to reset, then just leave that setting as Timer B.

Hope tat makes sence.
Steven

kickinkz

That helps a lot...can you pm me your email so I can send you a screenshot of what I have? There's a couple things you mention that I don't have listed under the software...

Thanks!
Phil

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I don't have the "CH MUTE" you talk about but it is muting anyways.

My issue is group tones. Here is my department I'm listening for

634.5 / 591.1 St 1
669.9 / 569.1 St 2
569.1 long tone - All Call

All I want is the allcall 569.1 but I've tried every which way and it keeps alerting for every toneout, as other departments use 569.1 as the A tone in their two-tone combo. How can I set it to only get the 569.1 long tone by itself?

- Rob

stevelton

I don't have the "CH MUTE" you talk about but it is muting anyways.

My issue is group tones. Here is my department I'm listening for

634.5 / 591.1 St 1
669.9 / 569.1 St 2
569.1 long tone - All Call

All I want is the allcall 569.1 but I've tried every which way and it keeps alerting for every toneout, as other departments use 569.1 as the A tone in their two-tone combo. How can I set it to only get the 569.1 long tone by itself?

- Rob

If you only want to be alerted for just those 2 fire stations, then program a tone set for each station with the tones you have. The channel on your radio can be set to listen for multiple tone sets, so if either one of those stations get toned out, then the radio will only alert for them. That way you can forget about the Group tone, and the radio wont go off for any other station using the 569.1 anywhere in their tone set.

You will also need the timing of each tone. Is the 669.9 / 569.1 a 1 second/3 second set, or 2 second/ 1 second?
You'll need those times. I guess you could get the time of the long tone 569.1, and just set that as a 2-tone, just put the 569.1 in both the 1st tone and 2nd tone spots.

As for the Ch Mute, you may have an older firmware.

Steven

rdale

Premium Subscriber
The 2-tones are 1/3, I needed to NOT hear those and only hear the 5-sec allcall. But if I'm reading you right, I just need to enter 569.1 for A/B and then set each to 2 seconds?

rdale

Premium Subscriber
No, inhibit completely skips that channel as if it doesn't exist.

nate1992

Okay i got the 2 tones to work on my radio, But i wont to program the same Frequency with out the 2 tones so i can still here other departments. is it possible to set it to where it will trigger the frequency with the 2 tones if the same frequency with out the tones is programmed in.
Note : this is on a Icom ic-f11

rdale

Premium Subscriber
For the -F50 it is by programming it in twice. I don't know about the 11.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
You might post a new thread, this one is for the F50 so nobody would be looking for F11 here.

svfd17

Wirelessly posted (MOT-A-A4/00.04 UP.Browser/7.0.2.2.c.1.120 (GUI) MMP/2.0 UP.Link/5.1.2.18)

I have an f60 and i it works fine but i want to program it with the mdc 1200 chirp but when i select mdc and put the frequencies in it says the radio is not mdc capable. if anyone knows how to program it this way it would be a big help

Status
Not open for further replies.