• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ICOM CS-F33G Product ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmrsoutlet

.....and for the record. The F33G/F43G Series has not been discountinued. It can still be ordered as a special order. It was actually converted to a 90 day lead time and minumum order quantity of 100 units.

They do show up in-stock at Icom from time to time - if a dealer has a demand that is close enough for the minimum order they will fill the order and sell the overage to the general dealer network.

It is a great series and a great radio to bid against the HT1250.

lucas2121

Premium Subscriber
I would buy from GMRS outlet in a heartbeat, their GREAT and I'll second what he said about the F33g GREAT radio. Everybody in my dept carries ht1250s or PR 400s, my personally owned F33g outperforms them both.
I've been carrying mine for 3-4 years with no problems and as a plus the battery still holds a charge like day 1.
I've been trying to get our dept to look at buy them instead of Moto but if it's not Moto it's frowned upon.
Haven't tried the F3021, it's probably a good radio but I like having the rotating channel selector. I'd like to one day buy a F3061 I'm sure they're good just don't need to buy a new radio now nor do I have the funds.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Can anyone help me out with the Product ID for the ICOM CS-F33G. It is a DISCONTINUED model and I need to turn on the encryption option. All help is greatly appreciated in advance. Thanks

Contact Icom, if you legitimately obtained CS-F33G from them or an authorized dealer, they will have no problem sending you the correct product ID, as it is copyrighted software.

gmrsoutlet

Contact Icom, if you legitimately obtained CS-F33G from them or an authorized dealer, they will have no problem sending you the correct product ID, as it is copyrighted software.

Icom will not give Product ID's out to anyone. That is what the Dealer Network is for.

Your product ID should be printed right on the CD that has the software on it. Not in a text file or anything, right on the disc.

Meaning if you have a legit disc with the software, it is very hard to misplace the Product ID - it is factory printed on the disc itself.

Last edited:

shockhazard69

Feed Provider
Having had both the F-33 and F-3061 and used the F-3161, I would have to say all are good radios. The F-11/21 and F14/24 also hold up pretty good to rough use.

Status
Not open for further replies.