RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > ICOM Land Mobile Radio

ICOM Land Mobile Radio Discussion forum for ICOM land mobile radio equipment such as the IC-F series radios. Please do not post amateur radio topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 4:22 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Cannot connect my F5021 for programming

I'm using windows xp. Software version 3.2. Using the USB version cable. I went through the ports and all but one does not work. It keeps asking for a driver which I don't have. So I found port 3 to work however I get this issue...

"No answer from transeiver. Check the following; comport settings, cloning cable connection and transeiver power is on".

I don't know what else to do.
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2011, 8:04 PM

Default Driver

What part # is on the cable? I could email you the driver so you could install it. Send me your email and # on the cable.

Dave
Tekk Comm
Old 10-31-2011, 11:22 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

RPC-M-U OR RPC-IM-U. Can't read very well
Old 03-20-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkcomm View Post
What part # is on the cable? I could email you the driver so you could install it. Send me your email and # on the cable.

Dave
Tekk Comm
I got the same program with my new IC-6021 just purchased. My computer set up can program my IC-6023 (Australia version of the IC-6021). But the same setup cannot program the IC-6021. Would you be able to help? The computer can communicate with the USB cable but not my IC-6021, it said "illegal information- check power on, cloning cable, radio version etc".

Thank you in advance
Old 12-30-2012, 7:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

In windows, try changing your baud rate (bits per second) from 9600 to 1200. This is the baud rate to which most radio's transfer data at. Goto... Control Panel > Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT) > select/verify which comm port the device is connected too > right click on that device and select Properties > Port Settings > change bps from default 9600 to 1200 > Click OK and exit out. Now launch the programming software, power on the radio, etc according to instructions. Hope this helps!
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2013, 6:51 AM

Hello
You can turn on radio with key P0.

BR
Stefan