• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Searching for COP-427 cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick_in_MT

I have an old Icom F30LT handheld and I'm searching for the OPC-427 cable for
it. No luck so far. Anyone have any suggestions? I keep an eye on ebay but no
joy the last few months. I have the software just no cable. And I've also found
a keypad hack so I've been able to program it but its a real pain to do it
manually. :)

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Rick

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
Bump

Sorry-- Still looking for it....

The OPC-478 (not OCP-427) has a db-9 serial on one end, and a 3.5mm stereo plug on the other. The OPC478U is the same thing with 3.5mm to USB. The F3G-series and many newer radios (not F30G-series, F3x6x-series, F50 or F70's) have a 2-pin connector and take this programming cable. These are common on eBay.

The F30G series (not the F30LT) have the 9-pin flat side connector. They use the OPC-966 or OPC-966U. Also fits F3x6x, F50 and F70's.

Looking through the dealer knowledge base I found a handwritten reference to the OPC-427, (Not OCP- and not -478) on the back of the F30LT programming guide pdf. That was all.

You might try searching OPC-427 instead. Failing that, get an OPC-478 and experiment.

I suspect that the serial interface is the same between the OPC-427 and OPC-478, and only the end connector is different. The OPC-478 with a 3.5 MM to RJ45 adapter is also used to program the F300 and F1000 mobiles, and the FR3000 repeater; it stands to reason that the same applies here. Only the ground (3.5mm base) and CLON(e) (3.5mm ring) line are used. Tip is not connected. Nothing fancy. The F30LT voltage diagram shows pin 12 on the PA unit J1 connector as CLON and pin 14 as ground.

c:%5Cf30lt-j1.jpg

Anyone out there more familiar with these?

Last edited:

Rick_in_MT

You're right-- COP/OCP was a typo. No wonder I didn't get many replies... :)
Thanks, I'll keep trying..

Rick
KF7YED

Status
Not open for further replies.